Need help diagnosing a problem...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alan Lackey

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
I have 3 receivers, one Tivo receiving two feeds and a standard receiver in two bedrooms. The two receivers in the bedrooms are 1st generation Sony models that have worked beautifully. I was having issues with the receivers and thought my original multiswitch might have been going out so I replaced it.

I am still having intermittant issues with the two older receivers in that on occasion they will display a message that they are having trouble downloading the guide info and will occasionally say they are searching for signal.

I don't have anything blocking line of site...and I have a hard time believing the multiswitch has gone bad because the Tivo has no issues on either line coming in. Could it simply be that both of these old receivers are going out simultaneously? I have checked all the connections and they are tight.

Just curious...can't figure out what is going on... :confused:

Any help is appreciated.

Have you tried moving one of the "bad" sonys onto one of the "good" tivo lines to see if it still has problems? If it does, then it is the receiver more than likely, if not, it could be the RG6 or switch.

Both those receivers are around 8 Yrs. old so they might be showing their age. Also at the time those Sonys were built the data sream was much smaller and they had limited memory capacity, that may also be showing up. For $50 or less you should be able to get a D10 buy one and see if the problems continue to show in the bedroom.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Buy Now or Wait

Hughes Hdvr2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)