Need help adding local channels

soboredskin

Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
I had an OTA installed yesterday and everything works fine there. I'm in a location where I can receive both Raleigh and Roanoke locals with it. If I point it in each direction and scan, both sets of locals show up but they erase the other set. What I want to do is have both sets in my programming guide and then just rotate my antenna to the one I want but the Add DTV function on my 811 doesn't pick up anything. CSR told that this was impossible and that the Add DTV function is useless. Is this true? I don't have a lot of faith that she knew what she was talking about. Also when I was first setting up my OTA locals, the locals that I was getting through Dish were being listed as first but now have disappeared. They still appear in the 9000s but not in the low end numbers. Is this normal? If not, could this be related to my problem. Any help or insight that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

To add Digial using Add DTV, once in the add local digital screen press Theme button once for the transit number. You have to add the digital channel number there (not the analog number) it should be 02 everytime you get to that screen. After bar turns green and the analog number shows in the blank channel number space, select save.You have to do one channel at a time in this screen. You then have to name the channel (you have to enter something, doesn't matter what). (i'd scan the location with the most channel first then add the secondary location after reaiming the antenia. When all are saved then you have to hit the save button in the local channel screen. You then have to reenter the local channel screen, go to display opts. There you save the dish locals. Then save the local channels screen again. You with then show the Dish supplied locals at the low range and the digital locals amoung them. The dish locals will show as (as an example) 12-00, the local digitals as 12-01 plus whatever sublocal that may be there. Some of the digital channels with -01 will show information in the guide and info. All the sublocals and some of the digital locals with just show local digital in the guide. This is how the 811 works, the others may be different. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. Figured out my problem was having to actually key in the number instead of moving the cursor to the number. Don't ask me why that makes a difference. Anyone have any idea why my locals through Dish have disappeared from the low end numbers and if there is a way for me to get them back. The guides for the OTA channels don't always appear and I'd like to have something there instead of "Local Digital".

An 811. When I first scan for OTA locals, they were mixed in but they disappeared without me doing anything and haven't shown back up. I've reset the unit twice but that doesn't help. They still appear in the 9000's but not with the rest of the OTAs.

Display Opts. are resetting themselves

Whenever you rescan the 811, the display opts. resets to Off-Air Antenna Locals. Once you have all the channels you want scanned in and saved, go back into Local Channel screen, go to Display Opts (located bottom of Scan/Add bars) reset to Dish Network Locals, save out of screen, save out of Local Channel Screen. You should see Dish locals and Digital/HD locals at low end range. Dish locals will end -00. Others depend on channel/subchannel designation. You will not see analog locals after that even if you have them scanned in. Let me know when it appears the way you want or if you have more problems.

Anyone having random, short video dropouts?

Our voice not heard!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)