Status
Please reply by conversation.

snathanb

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 26, 2004
DFW
Ok... got the motor mounted, dish mounted, pointed at true north satellite, life is good.

Can reliable get back to reference, and my IA5. Have no trouble with satellites, say 10 degrees on either side of IA5. Moving out another 10 degrees on either side.. signal is dropping down in the 50% range, with some transponders that were working when I pointed the dish directly not coming in at all.

Beyond 20% east or west, nothing... :no . I really wanted to pick up Galaxy 10R for all the networks and "the tube".

My mount is level, plumb and all that. The only thing I can think of to do is try to modify the elevation a bit on the satellites that are further out, but I can see that hosing the signal on my others that are working...

Suggestions?

I would double check the motor elevation setting, if that is good all the satellite should be there!

That's probably the issue... with my home brew mount, I couldn't get enough elevation with the dish to hit my true south satellite, so I had to overshoot the elevation on the motor setting to make up the difference....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra cannot update bin file

a few questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)