N Atlanta subscribers with HD

elloco07

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Hi All
I am planning to switching to Adelphia from DishN, since DishN does not want to lease existing customers the new 942 reciever. I would like to know what is your experience with your adelphia Cable service, especially on HD. Is it true that channels 0-99 look very bad on HD tvs? What about the local HD channels, do you get all the locals, abc, fox, nbc. What HD DVR did you recieve from Adelphia, the 8000 or 8300? If anyone can tell me what you like or dislike about adelphia, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

I posted something on this subject earlier today. The short of it is that Adelphia HD would white-out on me, no picture, no sound. I could not predict when it would happen, and for how long, although it mostly was only 5 to 20 seconds. I got a brand new receiver from them and the problem continued. I got the PVR and it was a far cry from a Tivo, and even from my Dish 625, which I think is pretty good. Give Dish time, they will eventually be able to lease the 942 when the demand goes down a bit. It is the old , supply and demand that is keeping the price up and the lease option off the table. Think about it, at an 18 month contract, they would have to get another $38 on top of your normal Dish bill in order to get the money back. So let's say that they can get the product for a couple of hundred less than we can, it still is a hefty increase in the monthly bill. It would not be attractive to customers.
You will be a lot less satisfied with Adelphia than you think. I only kept Adelphia for Internet access, cable is gone as of last week when I went back to Dishnetwork. I will wait the HD out, I have an HD TV, and I liked what I got when it would work, but in the end, I realized that if the show was good, who cared if the picture was HD or not? Not me, not my wife. We are TV crazed, we are counting the days until the season starts again. Lost, Desperate Housewives, Alias, Law and Order, Carnival, the list goes on and on. We record 4 stations at one time. The good thing is that at the end of the season when everything goes into reruns, we are still a month or two behind in what we recorded. Good luck, and remember that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Joe

elloco07 said:
Hi All
I am planning to switching to Adelphia from DishN, since DishN does not want to lease existing customers the new 942 reciever. I would like to know what is your experience with your adelphia Cable service, especially on HD. Is it true that channels 0-99 look very bad on HD tvs? What about the local HD channels, do you get all the locals, abc, fox, nbc. What HD DVR did you recieve from Adelphia, the 8000 or 8300? If anyone can tell me what you like or dislike about adelphia, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

NBC HD on Charter channel 785

Premium Channel & exclusive Studio Deals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)