My first FTA setup going to be here friday!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

airgator96

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
Kansas City BBQ Heaven
I can't wait to get this going

I went with the MI motorized classic system from sadoun. It also came with signal meter kit... hopefully that will make my life easier.

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Satellite-systems/Motorized-Systems.htm

Hopefully I'm going to be able to get this install when I get it. I'm going to put a pole in the ground tomorrow, set it up and start the viewing!

any helpful tips?

Remember that the pole MUST be bonded to the homes electrical service point if you want it to be 100% safe and to local and NEC code!

Make sure you go deep enough with the pole, here in MN. that's at least 3' deep.

Keep the length of the pole to the minimum above ground to stop any flex, another trick is to fill the pole with cement to the top, main thing it take your time and enjoy the install!

Titan is a great service and well worth the effort of logging in each station. So far I have only run into a few stations not in their listings and thats saying a lot considering the number of stations out there.

SD

Ok I havent received it yet, but I thought of another question.

If I put 3 ft of a 6ft pole in the ground will the dish be able to pick up anything with a 44.455 Elevation with only 3 ft of the pole out of the ground? I think the dish/lnb will be pointing straight ahead?

I hope that makes any sense.

Nah, I just learned alot from all the 10 million questions I asked on here this past spring :) I think I have everything covered :) You will really like your setup!

I'm in KC (new to MO), anything in Iowa I can take the family to see? We love to just get into the car & go. Pluse Iowa is one of the few states I haven't been to. :)

Well, being born and raised here, I say it is pretty boring. Where I live, Waterloo, it is a "metro" area and we have a State University in one of the towns, John Deere tractors made in Waterloo, Hunt Pudding, and some other junk is all made here, any the population is about 125,000 for the area. Not much to do here. Closer to you, Des Moines.....has a nice zoo and the state fair in August. Got the Mississippi river not too far, but boy, I sure could not think of anything for someone to do here :)

iafirebuff said:
Well, being born and raised here, I say it is pretty boring. Where I live, Waterloo, it is a "metro" area and we have a State University in one of the towns, John Deere tractors made in Waterloo, Hunt Pudding, and some other junk is all made here, any the population is about 125,000 for the area. Not much to do here. Closer to you, Des Moines.....has a nice zoo and the state fair in August. Got the Mississippi river not too far, but boy, I sure could not think of anything for someone to do here :)
lol, thats it I'm going to have to find something crazy in IOWA! Maybe it will be food :hungry:

Food - Amana Colonies off I-80 near Iowa City/Cedar Rapids. WOW! Google them. OX YOKE INN. You will me full!

We might be getting a juice bar....if you like juice! I like OJ :)

I was going to suggest that to you. I love going to the meat shop there. Go to Main Amana, that is where everything is. I have been meaning to go there soon :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fortec 6 ft dish focal length

thoughts on sound

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts