My current and proposed dish connection (gifs included)

Spooon69

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
Thanks to Iceberg for the amazing help. Now I think I have an idea of what I can do. Got a proposed diagram, but first, here is some background:

My parents currently have a Dish Dual LNBF hooked up to a Dish 2800, diplexed with Comcast's cabling in our house. They ONLY use Dish for International channels. They wanted a DVR for another TV, so I bought a Dish 625 and according to Dish customer service I only needed a Quad LNBF (which turned out not to be the case). So instead of buying a legacy adapter (for the Quad) + bringing another line to the house, I've decided to buy a DPP44 and attach it to my currently bought Quad LNBF.

If there are any problems, let me know, or a better solution than buying the DPP44 switch (which I chose in case I want to add another receiver in the future). Running cabling from 625 all the way downstairs to TV2 would be a pain too, I chose to just use the old receiver instead.

Attachments

• current.gif
    current.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 276
  • proposed.gif
    proposed.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 259
Well I already bought the Quad off ebay when customer service told me I needed it and with the DPP44 now, it'll be easier to add another receiver in the future, otherwise I'll either have to buy a switch or replace the LNBF again. Plus, I don't have to bring another line from the Dish into the house with the switch, one line should do everything (I think...?).

Depends on what type of quad. If it's Legacy...then you may be in trouble. If the quad says DP on the front, then you should be fine.

But what I was hinting at was that a DPP Twin *also* only requires one line to the separator. Hence, one line to your 2800...the other to the 625.

Ah OK, didn't catch your drift there. Yeah, but the Quad is here and I'm a lazy impatient guy, plus I got it kinda cheap on ebay anyway, so it's no biggie.

Yup, the Quad says DP and has that black logo, so it should be good to go. Now I just need to figure out how to remove the Dual and replace it with the Quad. Not tough and/or tricky is it?

I'm with webbydude, sell the quad, get a dpp twin, 1 line to each receiver. If you want to add another tuner in the future just ditch the 2800 & get another 625.

4 tuners, 2 lines, easier to hook up

The 625 is going to need 2 lines from the dish & the 2800 is going to need a dish pro adapter

Last edited:
The OP should be fine with one line as long as he either (a) sticks with his DP Quad/DPP44 combo (MAJOR overkill in my book...LOL), or (b) as Jordon stated, sell the DP Quad and get the DP Twin.

Keep in mind the DPP 44 switch is gonna cost. And I do mean "COST". Brand new, those things run you over $150.

True, it is overkill now that you mention it, but getting another line from the Dish to the rear of the house would be more of a hassle, plus I was able to get a Quad LNBF (used) and a DPP44 (new) both for ~$140 shipped, so not that huge of a loss I think. Rewiring a dual-tuner to another room is not something my parents want to do either.

If I hadn't bought the Quad LNBF a couple weeks ago, I may have gone with the DPP Twin route maybe, but selling the Quad is yet another hassle now.

This forum is great btw, thanks for all the amazing help.

what type of dish do they currently have? Dish300 or Dish500... If they currently just use the 61.5 satellite and have a "dual" on there my first guess would be a Dish300.
If that is the case, your quad is really no good to you because it wont fit on the dish. If that is the case, do as Claude said and just get a DP Dual... one line into your already purchased 44 switch, and you are done.
If they have a Dish500 then you can use your quad...

PocketDish:Long Term Report?

Scott, 5xx ever getting nbr?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)