Please reply by conversation.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I called Direct to see if they had any promos. Gave me the 2 for 1 Showtime/Starz. I have MRV but no Internet connection. I want to download this years Dexter series. I know my MRV will disable once I connect with Ethernet to my router. What do I do to enable MRV once the series is recorded. I would assume disconnect Ethernet and reboot.??

Assuming you have an HR24 because it is the only one that will disconnect if hooked directly to the router then yes, disconnect and do a RBR.

Other then that, get a broad band deca so you can leave it on all the time.

I got AT&T dsl. I get around 5 mps. Something must be wrong. Has been downloading an hour hd program for almost 8 hours with only 62% downloaded.
I emptied the que to see if that would speed things. No dice.

Yes

You will will need to plug it in to router and either run a line to the SWM splitter or get another splitter (preferably a green label swm splitter ).

If you use a splitter, split the coax coming in.
If the power inserter is on that line, you can split the line either before or after it, but if you put it between the receiver and power inserter, you won't have to worry about which line goes where on the splitter.

Yeah that is the same part, and the ac adapter is shown in the second picture (wanted to be sure, you'll need that).

Once I reboot and disconnect Ethernet to get back MRV, will I be able to see the downloaded VOD on my MRV?

kjlued said:

Got the adapter but I am lost. I have the HR24, router and SWM ODU power inserter in one room. Not sure what goes where. The splitter is in the attic.
I have a long Ethernet cable that will reach the router.

Do I plug the adapter into my router with the short Ethernet cable?

Last edited:
If you can't go off the splitter in the attic, you will need to split the satellite signal with a SWiM splitter behind one of your receivers. One side will go to the Deca/Cinema connection kit, the other back into the receiver. The ethernet side goes into your router. Your done.

wildbill129 said:
If you can't go off the splitter in the attic, you will need to split the satellite signal with a SWiM splitter behind one of your receivers. One side will go to the Deca/Cinema connection kit, the other back into the receiver. The ethernet side goes into your router. Your done.

Bill. Can I pickup a splitter at Home Depot or Lowes that will work like a SWiM splitter?

Bill. Can I pickup a splitter at Home Depot or Lowes that will work like a SWiM splitter?

Nope, they need to be green labeled splitters. Different frequencies than what is sold at your local store. I would order one from here, it's $8 :

DIRECTV SWS-2 Satellite 2-Way Wide Band MRV Compatible Splitter (2 -2150 MHz) - DIRECTV - SPLIT2MRV - 874409002404

SPLIT2MRV_medlrg.jpg

Got a RCA digital 2way splitter at Home Depot and hooked up the connection kit and I'm good to go.
Now I'm waiting on Directv to enable the iPad app which is in beta and will be launching very soon.:)

Got a RCA digital 2way splitter at Home Depot and hooked up the connection kit and I'm good to go.
Now I'm waiting on Directv to enable the iPad app which is in beta and will be launching very soon.:)

I'm shocked. Is MRV working?? Are the frequencies on the above splitter the same as the RCA one? I am very surprised....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MRV keeps disconnecting - any suggestions

Hartford CT spot beam location?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)