Moved

poopsiega

Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Savannah
I have been a Dish customer for years and have moved two times since I first became a customer. Each time they moved everything for free. We moved at the end of last month and when I called this time, they wanted to charge me $100 for a technician to come out. :mad: I was told that since there had been Dish in the house we were moving to, that all I needed to do was take all my equipment and hook it up and that the signal would follow my receivers. It didn't. When I plugged everything in, it sat there "acquiring signal" for hours and hours. I checked the signal strength and it doesn't seem to be getting a signal at all. I looked around and my neigbors dishes and mine looks like it's pointed the same direction. Am I going to have to call the technician anyway or can I do this myself? :confused: Comcast was hooked up in the house when we moved in but I disconnected it in the box outside and connected the dish cable, but still no Dish. HELP!!

If you want to PM me your account information (phone number or account number) I can take a look and see what I can do for you. Also when you said you check signal, did you also run a checkswitch test? That may get it going with out having some one come out there.

Last edited:
Have you confirmed that the dish is indeed a DISH Network dish and not for some other service (DIRECTV, WildBlue, Starband, FTA)?

If the DISH isn't appropriate to your setup, you'll need to replace it.

I know the two previous tenants of the house and...yes it is actually a Dish Network dish. (It has DISH NETWORK on it) and the last tenant changed from Dish to Comcast because she already had an account with them when she moved there.

I know the two previous tenants of the house and...yes it is actually a Dish Network dish. (It has DISH NETWORK on it) and the last tenant changed from Dish to Comcast because she already had an account with them when she moved there.
Comcast most likely cut the cable from the dish and used it for the cable line.

Would it be necessary for Comcast to do that? I doubt the home wouldn't have already had cable wired there. I would double check to make certain that

a) they are hooking up a cable from the Dish not Comcast (a good way to check the cable is from the dish is to pull really hard on the cable and if that rips the dish off the roof, you know you are using the right cable)
2) that this dish is pointing at the same satellite(s) as the old dish (I'd use a compass because the binoculars required to see the satellites and read the number on them from the ground are really expensive!),
III) I don't have a third option but these things are best in lists of three.

Would it be necessary for Comcast to do that? I doubt the home wouldn't have already had cable wired there. I would double check to make certain that
If I was the comcast installer, that's what I would have done. The wire is already ran to the jacks, so why not use it. That was it's cheaper and you don't have to mess anything up.

Fort Wayne Fox Follies

Problems with channels 202 & 132

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)