Motorized 1.2m Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mbarnes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I just freed up a dish I think I can use for FTA. It is a Channel Master 1.2 meter (48 inch) offset fed dish. It is presently on a standard az/el pipe mount. Is there a reasonably priced motorized mount that will handle this larger dish?

Also, it has a standard (standard for me anyhow) fixed LNB on it. Does FTA require a polarity switching LNB?

mbarnes said:
Also, it has a standard (standard for me anyhow) fixed LNB on it. Does FTA require a polarity switching LNB?
Is this implying it has separate outputs for H and V? If so, you'll need a switch as far as I know. The DirecTV multiswitches all seem to have H and V inputs (13 & 18 volts, can't remember the exact order). So maybe someone can clarify.

O I C, then yes, the 'standard' LNBs I know of all use 13V/18V internal switching to control polarity. The receiver just puts the proper voltage on the line.

yes to both answers

there are motors that will move up to 1.2 meter dishes

The LNBF probably can be controlled with the receiver. Some older LNBF's have 2 outputs..a V only and H only. Need a multiswitch for those :)

Another thing to consider is the weight, the motors say they can handle up to 1.2, but as we all know there are some real heavy well built dish and then there are the lighter kind, I would think twice about mounting a really heavy dish to a small motor, then I would go ahead and do it : ) Hope you post some more pics. if you go ahead. Do you mean to say you get paid for messing with satellite dish : ) Cool!

Sure is, I went for a job years ago here in town with a BUD installation company, got two interviews and then they did not even call me back or send me a letter, and I still send them at least one customer a week : ( To be fair they were wanting to fly me all over the country and I guess the look on my face told them it would not work for me at that time.

But it sure looks good now!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fx?

Project section?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)