Motorhome KVH In-Motion (SDTV)/Tripod (HDTV) DirecTV Configuration

Status
Please reply by conversation.

silverbullet49

Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Andover,MN
Summary:

Currently, I have a "2000 MH" with a "2000 KVH LM In-Motion Dome DirecTV" system & also a standard"Over the Air" antennae connected to a 1999 "Sony SAT-A3" receiver driving 2 HD TV sets (TV-1 by the Windshield & TV-2 in the bedroom in the rear of the MH). I would like to keep this system so my wife can watch DirecTV while cruising down the road. I would like to add a second dish system on a Tri-pod so that I can have HDTV when parked at the campground. I would like to integrate the 2 sish systems.

Requirements:

1.The 1999 Sony SAT-A3 receiver is required to drive the KVH In-Motion Dome system when the MH is cruising down the road.

2. The MH has a single RG59 coax cable installed that runs to the front of the MH by TV-1. Also, by TV-1 is a standard A/B coax switch box that allows you to watch Satellite on one TV and over the air TV on the other TV.

3. I have 2 HD DirecTV receivers from my home install: HR20-100 (2 Tunner) & a HR21-100 (1 tunner). For future growth I would like to add a second HR20-100 receiver which I assumes adds at least 1 more tuner for a total of 4.

4. I would like to use the existing RG59 coax A/B switch and existing RG59 coax run to the bedroom for the satellite signal to the DirecTV HR21-100 receiver to drive TV-2.

Questions:

1. Can I use the existing RG59 coax & RG59 coax A/B switch for Satellite signal delivery?

2. Since I only have a single RG59 coax cable to deliver the satellite signal to the receivers, I assume that I need a SWM configuration. Is this correct?

3. Will my existing HR20-100 and HR21-100 DirecTV receivers work with SWM configuration?

4. Specifically what DirecTV dish/LNB (Slimline ??) and SWM switch (At Least 4 outputs do I need to buy and what are their approximate cost?

5. Currently, the HR20-100 and HR21-100 DirecTV receivers at home have some type of KU/KA converter installed before satellite coax goes into the receiver. Do I need to use these or does it go away with the SWM technology

Thanks to who ever responds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trying to watch The Masters on CBS

3 LNB Element Dish Setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)