More Analog OTA Programming Description Info

rocatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2003
Recently I have noticed that for my analog OTA major stations (ABC, NBC, CBS), I am receiving program description info on my 811 more often (outside primetime). In the EPG it still shows local programming but if I press the info button, I get program description info. For example, I accidently flip over to my analog OTA ABC station this morning while watching the British Open and noticed that programming description info was provided regarding the golf tournament. Perhaps this was the case for a while with the 811 and I didn't notice it because I just looked at EPG and it just showed local programming title and I assumed that there was nothing there. Was this recently updated or has this been the case for awhile? I am still hoping for HD OTA info but I know there are 811 bugs that Dish needs to fix first.

Bulldog said:
I have not seen any OTA programming description :(

I have two questions about your setup/situation. First, regardless whether you describe to them or not, does Dish carry the locals in your area. Second, for your ANALOG OTA stations have you tied them to a network i.e., ABC, CBS, NBC in your setup?

As another example of what I am seeing, this evening for my analog NBC station, my 811 EPG show local programming but if I go to the Info Screen, it gives a description of Olympic Track and Field Trials which is the programming being carried. For clarification purposes, my 811 Software Version is P268LADD-N and my Bootstrap Version is 1010LADD.

When you add analog OTA stations to an 811, you have the option of identifying them as ABC, CBS, NBC or other. You don't have this option for digital/HD OTA stations. If you choose one of the networks, you will at least get primetime programming info that usually shows up in your EPG. I have recently noticed that programming description info is available outside of primetime. The EPG shows "Local Programming" but the programming description info is available by pressing the Info button on your remote when you are tuned to an analog OTA station that you have identified as ABC, CBS or NBC. As another example, this morning for my analog CBS station, my EPG shows "Local Programming" but Wil Smith is going to be on the CBS morning show and that info appears when I press the info button. Actually you can be in the EPG and press the Info button and see this programming description info. It should be noted that I do not subscribe to my locals via Dish although they are available in my area. I also have the "locals through antenna" option selected in the display options in the Local Channels menu.

rocatman said:
I have two questions about your setup/situation. First, regardless whether you describe to them or not, does Dish carry the locals in your area. Second, for your ANALOG OTA stations have you tied them to a network i.e., ABC, CBS, NBC in your setup?

As another example of what I am seeing, this evening for my analog NBC station, my 811 EPG show local programming but if I go to the Info Screen, it gives a description of Olympic Track and Field Trials which is the programming being carried. For clarification purposes, my 811 Software Version is P268LADD-N and my Bootstrap Version is 1010LADD.

I misread the thread, I was referring to digital OTA. I do not care for analog since there is too much static. My digital stations (six in all) come in fine. I am hoping that descriptions will soon be available.

I am also able to get most of my locals in HD but I am hopeful that the additional programming description info is a sign that perhaps Dish is close to providing programming info including EPG info for OTA HD channels.

508 bad hard drive getting replacement

Question on possible connection of 61.5, 110, and 119 to 2 receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)