Model 3000 Help Needed

gvillegeo

Original poster
Aug 12, 2004
Hello everyone... I've been checking out this forum for a while and from what I gather, you guys pretty much know all there is to know about Dish and it's various components! I'm hoping someone can give me some assistance with a problem I'm having.

I currently have a Dish 500 quad set up. My original receiver, model 3000, is the one I'm having a problem with. I keep losing some of my channels- not many mind you. Just a few here and there. Is there some way to reset my receiver so that the grid will display all my channels again. I have tried everything I can think of with no success thus far.

I would prefer not to call Dish about the problem as my locals just came online last week. Currently, I have the East/West coast feeds or distant nets (NY and LA) because I used to live in an area where I couldn't receive OTA at all. When I moved, locals were not available and Dish said that the local OTA broadcasters in my area had given me a waiver. However, I'd rather not tempt fate if I don't have to. Besides, from what I've read here, the end of the year will probably determine whether I'll be able to keep those distant nets when that SHVA is reorchestrated.

Anyway, any help offered would be appreciated. BTW, my other receivers are not losing any of the channels. It is only my Model 3000 that is losing channels. Likewise, has there been any software upgrades to this model? I don't think I've gotten them if they've been released. Thanks again for any help offered.

We need some more information. First, there's TWO types of Dish 500 Quad - Legacy and DishPro. Troubleshooting procedures are different for L vs. DP. It's also very helpful for us to know what your other receivers are.

In this case, if you have DP, your 3000 has a DishPro Adapter connected to it - that adapter has to stay with the receiver (or another one must be used).

However, an easy troubleshooting step is to move your 3000 to a different place in the house and see if the problem moves with it. Don't forget about the adpter (if any).

Sign up for the Digital Home Protection Plan $5.99/Mo. and get the 3000 replaced with either a reman or a newer unit. Calling in for service shouldn't affect your programming.

811 White Balance or Contrast

522 UHF Pro vs IR remote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)