Missing Voom channels

T2k

The Raw Nerve
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 5, 2004
Park Slope, NYC
After I've updated my system to DP, I bought a DP-adapter for my 6000U, installed it and I watched Equator for hours. This happened last weekend.

Today I took a day off, I was staying home to take are various business then I sat down to check out those re-appeared Voom channels, Filmfest atc.
Well, my 6000 simply cursed at me, asking I run the switch test again which I did. Everything was still fine, 61.5 was OK'd at both even and odd - but when I went to check out the transponders' signal strenghts one by one, odd TPs have no signal strength. I ran the switch test again and it still came back fine, all the 3 bords are OK, at both odd and even...
WTH is this?:confused:

T2k said:
After I've updated my system to DP, I bought a DP-adapter for my 6000U, installed it and I watched Equator for hours. This happened last weekend.
Today I took a day off, I was staying home to take are various business then I sat down to check out those re-appeared Voom channels, Filmfest atc.
Well, my 6000 simply cursed at me, asking I run the switch test again which I did. Everything was still fine, 61.5 was OK'd at both even and odd - but when I went to check out the transponders' signal strenghts one by one, odd TPs have no signal strength. I ran the switch test again and it still came back fine, all the 3 bords are OK, at both odd and even...
WTH is this?:confused:
I have my 6000 and works perfect with all my VOOM,It's seem to my since you installed a DP adapter in a legacy ird that's probably your problem.:up

technoguy said:
I have my 6000 and works perfect with all my VOOM,It's seem to my since you installed a DP adapter in a legacy ird that's probably your problem.:up

Legacy ird? :confused:

I have two Dish 500 on the roof, both with DP LNBs, connected to a DP34 - that's why I needed this DP adapter for my 6000U. WHat do you mean under "legacy ird"?

Last edited:
The 6000U is a legacy ird or a legacy receiver thus the need for a DP adapter. That could be the cause for losing the odd transponders but I would also look at the cable.

Make sure the cable you're using is RG6 rated to at least 2200 Mhz. The odd transponders are in the higher frequencies and if the cable is bad or a connector is bad you will experience higher loss in the higher frequencies.

RandallA said:
The 6000U is a legacy ird or a legacy receiver thus the need for a DP adapter. That could be the cause for losing the odd transponders but I would also look at the cable.
Make sure the cable you're using is RG6 rated to at least 2200 Mhz. The odd transponders are in the higher frequencies and if the cable is bad or a connector is bad you will experience higher loss in the higher frequencies.

Ah I see. But then how was it working for hours last weekend?:confused:

It could be an intermitent problem with the cable. Maybe a connector is lose, water got in the connector, or the jumper cable you're using from the DP Adapter to the receiver is bad. It's hard to tell.

- Check all the connectors and make sure they are tight.
- You could also try a different port on the DP34 and see if that helps. Run check switch.
- Try a different jumper cable from the DP Adapter to the receiver.
- Clear the switch matrix. Unplug the satellite feed, run check switch, plug the satellite feed and run check switch again.

Those are just suggestions you can try before shelling out more money for a new DP adapter.

RandallA said:
It could be an intermitent problem with the cable. Maybe a connector is lose, water got in the connector, or the jumper cable you're using from the DP Adapter to the receiver is bad. It's hard to tell.

Yeah, I know. Water is out of question - adapter is located in the living room. :D

I'm hoping it's the patch cable... though it's a fairly new RG6 one...

- Check all the connectors and make sure they are tight.
- You could also try a different port on the DP34 and see if that helps. Run check switch.

Uh, that's on the roof...:)

- Try a different jumper cable from the DP Adapter to the receiver.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do first.

- Clear the switch matrix. Unplug the satellite feed, run check switch, plug the satellite feed and run check switch again.

Wow, thanks, it's new for me, I didn't know it could make a difference! :up

Those are just suggestions you can try before shelling out more money for a new DP adapter.

I won't - it's brand new, I just bought it last weekend from Dishstore. :cool:

RandallA said:
The odd transponders are in the higher frequencies
Wrong.

With standard DP, odd transponders are 950-1450MHz, even 1650-2150MHz.

With DPPlus, ANY transponder set can be on EITHER frequency band.

An audio and a video issue...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)