Missing Channels in Dish 500 Configuration

calvin940

Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
Hey Folks,

I am trying to setup my 301 in a Dish500 configuration. I have one dish, 2 legacy LNBs, and a SW21 switch. I tuned in the LNBs such that if I connect either LNB to my receiver separately, I can view the transponder signal strengths and noted them. I can view each of the satellites channels on my receiver for each sat (ie. I can see the appropriate HBOs on 110 and 119 when I swap the cables - I appear to be getting all the appropriate HBOs).

However, when I hook both into the switch, do a check switch, the sats come in fine for both (both are green, signals are verfied etc), I a missing channels from both satellites. For starters, I don't get all the HBOs showing up (cumulative from both sats) as I see show up in the guide when I hook up the individual lnb feeds directly to the receiver. I am also missing some early channels (105-109 from 119sat which appear in guide when I only connect that LNB to the receiver) as well as others scattered around the guide.

I have tried 2 different SW21s so I am confident it's not the switches and as I said, each connected separately to my receivers yield the channels I should see. I have searched the forums for this type of problem, but have not encountered a discussion or solution. If there is one, I apologize for posting a separate thread.

I have also done the power pull/reboot, check switch with no cable to x out the matrix, then power/pull reboot, with cable connected to re-get the sats. again they appear fine and all systems are a go (including the green boxes under both sats).

Can anyone shed some light on my situation?

Thanks
Calvin

If your 301 is detecting SW-21 and both satellites 110 and 119 and your "A" and "B" are "Odd" and "Even" respectively then I recommend leaving the card in for 24 hours. Usually, that allow the smart card to completely update the guide and channel listings.

WJMorales said:
If your 301 is detecting SW-21 and both satellites 110 and 119 and your "A" and "B" are "Odd" and "Even" respectively then I recommend leaving the card in for 24 hours. Usually, that allow the smart card to completely update the guide and channel listings.

Yes. It detects as SW21 and as you mention and it is ODD, EVEN for each sat respectively. ok. I will let it be for that amount of time to see. I just find it odd that the channels don't need that amount of time to update when I connect just the single LNB feed (not switched) for either sat.

Thanks for your response
Calvin

I had a problem similar to this once when I was helping a friend hook up his mother-in-law's system. The receiver in the living room was fine , but the bedroom one was missing some channels. The switch configuration set up read fine , but the problem still existed. I called dish and explained the problem. The CSR did "something" and in a few minutes the proper channels came up. I hope this helps. Mike

Appreciate your help, folks. I am letting that guy stew for a day and see how it goes. If not, it's off to call the DishGuys to get a "hit" as it were.

Cheers
Calvin

Update form dish

40" HDTV deal good or bad?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)