MicroHD Achilles Heel

hossebuck

On Vacation
Original poster
Sep 29, 2011
Hampton, Ga. 30228
Sirs:
Today the strenth of the MicroHD was evident, however, The Achilles heel was discovered quite by accident. I had moved the little jewel quite a few time from inside the house to my cave in the pumphouse. Upon connecting the input from the dish, lo and behold the input connector came off the metal box on the board. Knowing that I would probably void the warranty I took it apart and found in fact the connector and little shield box had indeed parted. I soldered the connector quite securley to the box placed the lid on the box put it all together and its doing its job 5 x 5. Tough little rascal. My warning is THE CONNECTOR IS NOT SOLDERED SUFFICIENTLY! BE CAREFUL WITH IT. all is well in the Panhandle.
hoss e buck

Mr. Primestar:
No. I only use my pinkies, after 50 years after earning my A&E license, signing off aircraft to fly with Delta Airlines, I know better. Appreciate your concern though.
hoss e buck

One solution would be to keep a short piece of coax attached to the microHD with a barrel connector installed on the end. When you want to swap around cables, the barrel connector would receive the stress instead of the connector on the micro. This is a good idea for any modern electronic component which is being disconnected and reconnected on a regular basis. It is an especially good idea when using HDMI cables and connections, as the contacts on these are extremely delicate, and cannot easily be repaired or replaced. HDMI "port savers" are available at Monoprice.

AZtrino 1.85 - North American edition for AzBox ME

Green power lights, not responsing to remote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts