Michigan Still #2 in the BCS

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
Michigan remains number 2 in the BCS poll. I noticed that they only dropped to 3 in the AP poll and remained 2 in all the others.

Michigan remains number 2 in the BCS poll. I noticed that they only dropped to 3 in the AP poll and remained 2 in all the others.

Even more proof the BCS is BS to me and how humans rank teams; too much politics, paybacks and crap inserted. Anyway I have not seen the week #13 Harris or BCS polls yet; ESPN doesn't have them; where did you find the new updated one?

I was watching the FOX post game show. They are the first to show it every week. I personally hope that they don't stay number 2. USC is right there with them. One more win and USC will most likely move to number 2.

The whole BCS is garbage. I am actually sick and tired of arguing and speculating about who is better then who. Its such a stange and bizare concept. They should decide it on the field period. So we need at minimum a 4 game playoff or better yet, an 8 game one. Voting for whose the best. What a crock.

Even more proof the BCS is BS to me and how humans rank teams; too much politics, paybacks and crap inserted. Anyway I have not seen the week #13 Harris or BCS polls yet; ESPN doesn't have them; where did you find the new updated one?

I agree with you Charper,
Just because it's the computer polls, doesn't mean it's not going to give the answers the individual want, it's still humans that are putting the info into the computers and who's to say that the info coming out of the computer is being given ???
It's still up to the humans !!!!

Jimbo

As I mentioned previously,
Why would the loser of yesterdays game OSU/ Mich be dropped by much, the loser would still only have one loss and WHEN you lose is NOT suppose to matter.

Both teams Strength of schedule improved yesterday.

Yes the game was a Classic :hatsoff:

Please post if you hear when ESPN will be showing it again, hopefully on an HD channel so I can record it.
Tuesday nights is notoriously a slow night, maybe they will find time to improve thier Tuedsday ratings.:up

Jimbo

actually, i believe it is being aired wednesday night on espn classic. i want to say 8 or 9 pm. please double check, as i'm not 100 percent positive!!

i'm highly disappointed with the latest bcs rankings. i don't want to see a michigan-ohio state rematch. further proof, a playoff system is needed. obviously, i want florida to move up to the #2 spot.......but i would even prefer usc over michigan.

granted, it was a great game. but they lost, let somebody else play ohio state!!!

actually, i believe it is being aired wednesday night on espn classic. i want to say 8 or 9 pm. please double check, as i'm not 100 percent positive!!

i'm highly disappointed with the latest bcs rankings. i don't want to see a michigan-ohio state rematch. further proof, a playoff system is needed. obviously, i want florida to move up to the #2 spot.......but i would even prefer usc over michigan.

granted, it was a great game. but they lost, let somebody else play ohio state!!!

Well if it is, it's not on the program guide yet.
I would rather have a playoff as well, perferably a 16 team, maybe 12 team.
Make it so every teams games are done by the last weekend in November and start the playoff the 1st w/e in December.
ScottC 98 and I have been working on a playoff system for about a month now, but we still have not heard from the NCAA, it's in another thread that hasn't been posted in, in a while.

Heres the thread, didn't want to repost everything:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=80948&page=2
Page 1 and 2

Jimbo

Guys, the BCS wasn't invented to avoid any rematch games. It was designed to have the two best teams play each other at the end of the season. Who can argue that OSU and Michigan aren't #1 and #2? Is the Big 10 going to get a huge payday in the Fiesta Bowl? Yes, but they earned it. In a close game, the loser shouldn't drop much in the polls or the computers. The BCS rules were made before the season started, and both teams are doing what's required to make it to the championship.

Guys, the BCS wasn't invented to avoid any rematch games. It was designed to have the two best teams play each other at the end of the season. Who can argue that OSU and Michigan aren't #1 and #2? Is the Big 10 going to get a huge payday in the Fiesta Bowl? Yes, but they earned it. In a close game, the loser shouldn't drop much in the polls or the computers. The BCS rules were made before the season started, and both teams are doing what's required to make it to the championship.

I agree with you, but I bet it ends up being GOOD match ups instead of the two
best .

Jimbo

The one thing that I don't like about a playoff is that it takes some away from the regular season. Why should a two loss team be able to have a shot at the national championship. Even with a playoff many schools will feel outed if they don't make it and others do. The one change that would really help the BCS is that you should have to win your conference to have a shot at the championship or known as the Oklahoma rule.

It doesn't have to; look at the undefeated and one loss teams. Keep the current rankings and use them as seeds. Some of those two loss teams are better than many of the one loss, because of all the patsy cupcake scheduling they do.

Why is it that every other division of college football has a playoff? Division I-AA, division II, Division III, NAIA, and NJCAA all have 16 team playoffs and yet the main division doesn't and if someone brings one up, people complain about how it would be too much of a burden on the college teams! The rest of the amateur football world has a playoff except these pinkos!

There will never be a system that pleases everybody. Bring in a new playoff system and there will be teams that get the shaft as well. Until you take the two polls out of the picture there will always be a human factor involved and teams will complain.

IMHO its because the DIV-1 NCAA, those "traditional named bowls" and those "traditional named powerhouse schools" want to protect their revenue possibilities; no need for a rookie no-name school or non-traditional match up happen and muck up their money. Greed!

Why is it that every other division of college football has a playoff? Division I-AA, division II, Division III, NAIA, and NJCAA all have 16 team playoffs and yet the main division doesn't and if someone brings one up, people complain about how it would be too much of a burden on the college teams! The rest of the amateur football world has a playoff except these pinkos!

It's all about the money in Division 1A. How many people would tune in to see WV vs Boise St. in the Championship game. They want the teams that draw in the viewers in the Bowls to bring in the extra revenue.

It's all about the money in Division 1A. How many people would tune in to see WV vs Boise St. in the Championship game. They want the teams that draw in the viewers in the Bowls to bring in the extra revenue.

If WV managed to slip abit, they have one more game I think.
You might see that match up.

Personally, I think WV would blow them out, WV is extremely fast.

Jimbo

LOL we both said exactly the same thing; and to that question, it proves its about the rating and ultimately the money, NOT the best 2 teams. They generally get lucky at the end to keep from being totally outed and embarrassed, but more an more their system is getting exposed.

If WV managed to slip abit, they have one more game I think.
You might see that match up.

Personally, I think WV would blow them out, WV is extremely fast.

Jimbo

The point to the match-up is who cares. You would not get the nation to tune into the game. It is the same as the world series this year. Many people did not believe that Detroit and St. Louis were the best teams at the time so they just didn't care.

The U begins cleanup by firing Larry Coker....

Illegal Forward Pass Call in SD-OAK Game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)