Mexsat Bicentenario launched.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Only 8 transponders per band is more than a little small for a satellite these days -- but at least it was small enough that they didn't have to have the Russians launch it!

It's interesting that it's going to an entirely new orbital location. Does anyone have a footprint for it yet? The press release only mentions Mexico.

Well that knocks me out.

Wow, that's one I don't have to worry about even trying to scan!

In Albuquerque, it's probley 50 to 50 eather way you get it or you don't get it so I am right on the borderline of the footprint.:eek:

BTW, Sat Mex-8 will be launched in 12-27-12.

Good luck DXing the Sat Mex birds!:):hungry:

clever use of resources

Only 8 transponders per band is more than a little small for a satellite these days -
Do I see 50+ spot beams on Ku?
Pretty efficient way to use available power.

As for C band, that's impressive ...
... especially for US areas with a lot of Spanish speaking population! ;)
Not for direct broadcast, but as feeds to US TV stations.

Lets just hope they add more new KU band stations, with more exitoc channels from Central and South America!:hungry::)

unlikely. I get the impression from reading stuff from the Mexican Govt. that this satellite will provide services for the government, Mexico homeland security, and other Mexican Govt. initiatives such as education for the rural areas of the country. It doesn't seem to me they might be willing to lease capacity to whoever wants it, leaving that kind of thing to non-governmental SatMex.

In Albuquerque, it's probley 50 to 50 eather way you get it or you don't get it so I am right on the borderline of the footprint.:eek:

BTW, Sat Mex-8 will be launched in 12-27-12.

I'm stoked because Albuquerque is in a solid part of the footprint on both bands. I just don't expect to see anything but government feeds, but that can be a good thing if some of the govt transmissions from SatMex transfer over to MEXSAT Bicentenario.

as for Satmex-8, I doubt it's going up next week due to a launch mishap investigation from a customer's launch prior to SatMex-8. It will be fine for awhile not to launch as SatMex-5's end-of-life has been extended after a recent test figured out how much propellant is still left.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Polish fighting channel coming to G19?

Over-the-Air Reception Devices (OTARD) Rule

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts