Majestic HD: House of Cards Marathon

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Arrgghh! Majestic is showing a "House of Cards" Marathon all day until 6:00am tomorrow morning. They are playing what appears to be a collection of hour-long episodes from a British TV Series. Ok, haven't we had enough of the Flipper Marathons? Why on earth would VOOM play 24 continuous hours of the same series when they have only three movie channels are present.

I'm not against the material (it's not bad), but the programming format is beyond stupid IMO.

Been on before. Months of reruns of scaled-back programming is ridiculous, as is repetitive looping. Last weekend, "Teachers" was on continuously, alternating on GuyTV and Majestic...

And I think you're right, repeats and reruns is beyond stupid, it's ultimately dishonest and morally if not legally fradulent.

Having said all that, my $5 is basically paying a dollar each for live football from Spain, and I'd surely pay several times that just for La Liga.

Wonder what the churn rate on Voom subs is? Low because the price is low? Or high because it doesn't take long to see nearly every damn thing on it?

Yes, La Liga is worth the admission price alone. Also, SwimSuit Miami ain't too shabby..."I'll buy that for a dollar." I don't think many people are bailing in the VOOM channels...yet, because it is only $5. However, at some point in the near future they are going to have to offer new content. I just hope that day occurs soon rather than later. I fear that we're not going to see much until the entire VOOM21 goes lives...and perhaps others (like FiOS) pick up these channels.

HDNet Movies

September 2005 HDNet/Movies Highlights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)