Lower signal when motoring from the west

Status
Please reply by conversation.

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
I purchased the M-2 Pack from Sadoun a few months back...the Satcontrol SM3D12, Fortec Ultra, Fortec 36inch dish.

I noticed that when I say I'm on G10R and motor over to IA5 I will have about a 60% quality on transponder. Then if I go to say AMC9 and come back to IA5 the same transponder will have 90% quality. All my bolts are tight and I haven't touched the dish. I'm wonder if this is a sign of the motor going out already? This only started a few days ago. It's kind of a pain since I have to swing past the bird then swing back to it. I wish my Fortec had an "E" and "W" like my old school BUD analog receiver had, you could just nudge the position with a single button press.

With the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra.

If you use DiSEqC 1.2 you can nudge east and west its in the antenna set up screen after changing to 1.2 highlight and hit OK then come down to

Nudge East/West

Then the arrow buttons will move you east and west.

PSB said:

If you use DiSEqC 1.2 you can nudge east and west its in the antenna set up screen after changing to 1.2 highlight and hit OK then come down to

Nudge East/West

That's what I've done to find a few satellites. I was looking for something where you are watching TV and just press left or right without having to go into the setup menu. Just trying to figure out if this motor is gone already. I figured the motor would at least live a year or so, I thought that Satcontrol motor looked kinda cheap when I took it out of the box.

This used to happen to me with the SG2100 motor on USALS after the first few months of the motor installation. It's really annoying! Then, I tried to re-align/re-aim the dish and the motor and tightened everything up and never have the same prolem since... (almost a year...). (Please pay special attention to the bolts/nuts that tight the dish to the motor's tube. They have to be solidly tighted)

So, I guess it's not the motor...

tom_v said:
This used to happen to me with the SG2100 motor on USALS after the first few months of the motor installation. It's really annoying! Then, I tried to re-align/re-aim the dish and the motor and tightened everything up and never have the same prolem since... (almost a year...). (Please pay special attention to the bolts/nuts that tight the dish to the motor's tube. They have to be solidly tighted)

So, I guess it's not the motor...

Well last night I took the dish off of the motor. I checked the motor for play and didn't find any. Put the dish back and tightened it down just like it was before. Checked all the mounting bolts on the dish itself and can't find any play. I'm still leaning on something bad on the motor, what's the warranty on these things?

PSB said:

Nudge East/West

That's what I missed with my fortec, the ability to nudge east to west etc. Too bad pansat does not have that feature.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

2700a remote

coolsat problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)