Lost Montana PBS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Had been getting Montana PBS on AMC 3, tp 19, freq 12085, sr 4340 or 4194.
Watched Red Green last week, tuned in this week and got "no signal." Man I got the shakes, need a Red Green fix. Lyngsat shows a freq of 12164, sr 4340
but I couldn't pick it up. Did a blind scan, also nothing. If y'all know something I don't, please let me in on it.

Thank you Peter. The 922 has two icons for the C and Ku. In this case W3 for C and K3 for Ku. I don't understand this but I have always got MPBS on K3, but last night, nothing. I switched over to the W3 icon, entered your numbers and boom, there it was. I think the reason for this is that icons for the C have 24 transponders and the Ku has 32 for analog. With the 3618 I think it scans both, but sometimes there is a tad difference of distance between them and it doesn't lock on. Anyway, I think I'll be able to visit Possum Lodge next Saturday night.

Thanks again.

so it looks like they changed TP's......wondered about that as I scanned yesterday and it wasnt there

Iceberg,

Since you mentioned transponders, that raises another question. When I scan or enter a manual, I set the tp on the 922 to the tp and polarity that is recommend. After I get the signal on the 3618 I can put the 922 on any tp that corresponds to the polarity and the 3618 comes in on any of them. No biggie, just wonderin'.

When you get your 3618, I will be honored to help you. The manual is not worth the paper it's printed on and it's more trial and error than anything. I bought mine from Skyvision and their "technical support" was useless. Then I came across a guy on the INTERNET named Rick Craylor at "Rick's Satellites" and he was kind enough to help me with it even though I didn't buy it from him. He said he hated companies that sold merchandise, but had no idea how they worked, that was Skyvision.

Diamond Jim said:
Iceberg,

When you get your 3618, I will be honored to help you. The manual is not worth the paper it's printed on and it's more trial and error than anything. I bought mine from Skyvision and their "technical support" was useless. Then I came across a guy on the INTERNET named Rick Craylor at "Rick's Satellites" and he was kind enough to help me with it even though I didn't buy it from him. He said he hated companies that sold merchandise, but had no idea how they worked, that was Skyvision.

I got it on Saturday and took it out of the box. you're right...the manual can be used for toilet paper when in the woods. It is as useful as the Pansat one (and that isnt saying much) :)

I did hook it up and was able to stumble upon getting G10 somewhat programmed. I got 11799 V 26660. I'm going to hook it up tonight and see how it works. I'll probably have many questions :D

I'm at work so I'm not in front of the unit :)

I'm going to hook it up tonight and play with it...see if Ic an crash it in the first day :D:D:D

I forgot to tell you, the remote isn't the best thing in the world either, at least mine isn't. There is also a good chance that one of you other receiver remotes will work it, just enough to screw things up. My 922 remote makes it go crazy, that is my main gripe.

You have to point it directly, and I mean directly at the box and not be more than 6 feet away from it. Maybe 8 or 10 at the most.

Hook it up and go with a blind scan, since you are Ku only you won't have to enter an LNB frequency. At least on mine it comes all the time on Ku.

Play with it, I am sure you will figure it out. If you have any questions, give me a call.

didnt get to hook it up yesterday...was trying to work on another project before the sun went down.

Did get Montana PBS back in
12161 H 4340 :)
60 quality

Jim
How many different channels can you get that on?

I've got 4 PBS stations and the CBC to watch it
KTCA 2 Minneapolis Friday 10
KAWB 22 Brainerd Saturday 8
WDSE 8 Duluth Saturday 10
Montana PBS Saturday 10
CBC 5 days a week at 12:30 local time (across 5 time zones)
CBC Friday at 9 local time (across 5 time zones)

New shows start Friday on CBC :):):)

Tony,

At one time I had over 1300 channels programed on it. That was before I figured out how to work it. I thought the only channels were the ones on the satellite chart Skyvision sent me, then I figure out that all of the satellites had programing on them. It will hold 3000. Right now I have 68 channels on it. I scan, if I find something I like, I keep it, if I don't I delete. I see no sense in keeping a whole s**t load of stuff I'll never watch.

KTCA 2 Minneapolis Friday 10
KAWB 22 Brainerd Saturday 8
WDSE 8 Duluth Saturday 10
Montana PBS Saturday 10
CBC 5 days a week at 12:30 local time (across 5 time zones)
CBC Friday at 9 local time (across 5 time zones)

Are you getting these on the 3618? If you are, let me know where and how. Man I miss the CBC, I watched more than hockey on it.

When you get your 3618 go to my web site, go to "our products" and click on more information, I explain the setup including some menu screen shots . Hope that helps.

Diamond Jim said:
Are you getting these on the 3618? If you are, let me know where and how. Man I miss the CBC, I watched more than hockey on it.

unfortunatelly not

KTCA and KAWB are PBS stations in the Minneapolis market that I can get with an OTA antenna
WDSE is a PBS in Duluth, MN where my Dish Network locals are on (thats one of the reasons to have locals through Dish) :)
CBC is part of my ExpressVu account.

I can get Red Green on two stations, Montana PBS and KAKM, Anchorage. I would like to find something in the Eastern or Central time zone. MPBS will be 2 hours behind me and Anchorage will be 4 hours behind me at the end of this month. That is a pain because on MPBS it is at 11pm and KAKM at 1:30 am. Makes it kinda rough to stay awake after you have been consuming adult beverages and watching football all day. I have two local stations on OTA, but they are just far enough away that the reception is terrible.

Iceberg said:
Did get Montana PBS back in
12161 H 4340 :)
60 quality

WHERE is the MT PBS station??? Every night for the past 3 days I go home and try to find it, and nothing. I'm getting the regular PBS feeds with the AC3 audio (useless on the 3688), a few scrambled channels and a couple of other things, but cannot find the MT PBS station. I've scanned the above TP which is showing a great quality but nothing comes up on it. Driving me up a wall....

SS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

What am I doing wrong?

Pansast 2500 Smartscan How Does It Work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts