lost channels, searching sat 1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

miamihurricanes

Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
i have a dual lnb with a directv dvr, think it is model r15. i have 2 cables coming into my garage from the dish. in the garage one cable goes to a multi switch then goes to two cables into my family room downstairs for the dvr. the other cable goes straight to my other receiver without going into the multi-switch.
when i record on the dvr i lose alot of channels, including the channel i am recording. some channels pop up the dialog box "searching for signal on satellite 1", sometimes it is sat 2. this is very annoying.
did i do something wrong on my setup. i have both cables from the multi switch in the garage running to the dvr and both cables are fine.

Both cables from the dish's LNB should go into the correct marked IN PORTS on the multi-switch and all your receivers should get cables from the multi-switch's OUT PORTS. What multi-switch are you using and if you don't have its wiring/instruction guides, maybe one of the other users does and will post it here for you.

i am using one i bought at radio shack. so what you are telling me is that my other receiver should be run through the multi switch as well. right now i only have one cable from the dish running into the receiver 1 connector and from there the two outputs from receiver one connector to my dvr.

Yes, you should run both (the 2) outs from the dish's LNB directly to the multi-switch. Then use the outs on the multi-switch to feed ALL of your receivers. Do you have the make & model of that RS switch? or do you know what format it is? ex: 2x4, 3x4, etc?

Maybe THIS ONE

If guessing yours is similar, see the attached diagram. If you do not have an added OTA antenna, just ignore that and the dixplers at each receiver.

Attachments

• 4-way GIF.gif
    4-way GIF.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
that is the switch i have. i have one cable running into the one input and two cables coming from the receiver 1 and 2 to the dvr. i'm working right now so i will try hooking up both cables from the dish to the multi switch tomorrow morning and see if that works.
will it make a difference if i hook the cable i have going to the switch now to the other input and switch the outs to the dvr to that one???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New HR-20 DVR 19.99 From Directv

Guidance would be appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)