Studebaker driver
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
Out of nowhere the audio on my HR24-500 went out! It works fine with component and rca for audio. I check the Dolby Digital settings and that's not it. I also rebooted the box to no avail. Maybe it's a handshake issue with the HDMI cable?

Out of nowhere the audio on my HR24-500 went out! It works fine with component and rca for audio. I check the Dolby Digital settings and that's not it. I also rebooted the box to no avail. Maybe it's a handshake issue with the HDMI cable?

I had the same thing happen the other night with my HR20-700, turned it on to watch the news (bedroom).
I had No volume, changed channel and nothing, changed inputs and volume was there, thought the HR20 had finally decided to quit, I would upgrade, then when I did a Reboot, it came back and has worked ever since.

As to your issue Chip, a reboot didn't work ? I would try again.
You say that Component does work ..., has the HDMI connection on the recvr gone bad ?
I would try putting another device on that HDMI input on the TV and make sure the TV connections still works.
Then I would replace the HDMI cable IF the TV connection is good.

All is back to normal today. I didn't have a chance to diagnose it, so for now I have no idea what went wrong or right!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

does directv have recorse

Whole Home DVR Upgrade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)