Lost all my saved programming

mitchflorida

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
When I turned on the screen, it said a hard disk error had been detected, and that the 522 would now "clean" its hard disk to fix it.

Okay, no big deal. I clicked okay button.

Afterward, my receiver showed I lost 80 hours of programming. Apparently, when Dish says they are going to clean my files, they really mean they are going to delete all of my programs without warning!

I called Dish support, they said sorry, have a nice day. They offered a new 522 receiver, but I doubt if it was a hardware glitch, more likely software or corrupted file program.

They say this rarely happens. Why me, may I ask , why me?

Initiation? :D

j/k that's strange but I believe there are a couple of other threads from people that have had the same thing happen to them.

Someone will hopefully chime in on this :)

Had this problem two days ago although I was not asked. Came home from work, thought I would watch some showes that I recorded a few days earlier. Everything was wiped clean. No recorded shows, no timers (had about 8 set) no PPV history. Everything was gone. The only good thing was that I had watched a couple PPV movies that were not phoned in yet so I guess I will not have to pay for them since it dosen't show that I watched any anymore. :)

T911 for $29

Dial out error

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)