Looks like It’s official Directv Buying Dish

No. Who said anything about AT&T? You told me I should "try working for 30 years".
Actually we were talking about Retirees discounts ...
I said I may end up losing mine .
I worked 30 years outside for ATT and I have a Discount currently, someone said something like D* not having retiree discounts.

Generally speaking, most don't make it 30 years anymore at ATT (they don't want you there that long and make life miserable for you )
I have a few friends from there that worked 40+ ...

I worked 30 years outside for ATT and I have a Discount currently, someone said something like D* not having retiree discounts.

Generally speaking, most don't make it 30 years anymore at ATT (they don't want you there that long and make life miserable for you )
Oh OK. I didn't know you were retired from AT&T. I thought you meant you were retired (from anywhere) and DIRECTV gave you a discount for being retired (from anywhere).

Reactions: charlesrshell
ATT does give a "retiree" (AARP) discount on wireless, but not for TV..

IMG_5353.png

I had no problem combining our car and our motorhome XM accounts into a single billing. My neighbor tried to combine his two cars, but they told him that since one was Sirius and the other XM, they couldn't do it.
Basically, they said they tried doing mine, actually said that they Did combine them, but I still end up with 2 bills due about 3 weeks apart.

You asked about anyone getting a retiree duscount. AT&T owns DirecTV so as a retiree of AT&T you get a retiree discount. He mentioned working for AT&T in the post right in front of yours.
As I said in a previous post…I did not know he was retired from AT&T. I thought he was talking about getting a discount from DIRECTV for just being retired (from anywhere) and I had never heard of DIRECTV giving a discount for being retired…sort of like a senior discount. So yes, I now understand it was an AT&T retiree discount because he retired from AT&T.

As I said in a previous post…I did not know he was retired from AT&T. I thought he was talking about getting a discount from DIRECTV for just being retired (from anywhere) and I had never heard of DIRECTV giving a discount for being retired…sort of like a senior discount. So yes, I now understand it was an AT&T retiree discount because he retired from AT&T.
Nothing like a Senior discount though.

Seniors get them many times, many places, as long as they ask...

Retiring from a place is a while lot different.

Nothing like a Senior discount though.

Seniors get them many times, many places, as long as they ask...

Retiring from a place is a while lot different.
Jimbo, when AT&T no longer has any stake in DirecTV, I think you will have a valid concern for your Retiree Discount. But as a long time customer, you probably can get a loyalty discount each year. I look forward to my DirecTV account being divorced from AT&T.

Can anyone give me information on what satellites DISH uses at each orbital location? With this anticipated merger, I am beginning to be interested in analyzing the current DISH satellite fleet. Looking at the FCC database, I don't see a satellite owned by DISH at 119. I have done a lot of analysis of the DirecTV satellites (documented in the DIRECTV Satellite Transponder Information and the DIRECTV Beam footprint library. I want to start trying to understand the DISH resources.

I worked for 51 years before retiring.
I worked 43.5 years before I quit at the end of 2021 at 59 and a half years. Age 16 to 59.5. Just collected my first social security check this month at age 62. So two pension checks of mine + one pension check of my wife and my social security. Two more years she will collect her social security. We own our house and car and no debt.

I worked at Safeway for 12 years as a kid and got a small union pension. I worked at various grocery stores in management and retail and restaurants management and convenience store management for three years. Then worked 17 and a half years at TDCJ state prison system and got a state pension I have been collecting since 2011 and worked private security the last 11 years.

I am in such better shape now that I go to the Ymca every day and work out with weights and cardio. Also sleep better now and go to bed by 10pm every night and up by 6:30am. When I was working two jobs there for about 3 years there I was lucky to get 6 hours of sleep. Love RETIREMENT. :biggrin

AT&T sounds like working for scamazon they make your life a living hell so they can fire you and find a newbie with less exp that will work for a lower wage!!!

I thought that they were no longer using the 129 W location and the Western arc locations were now 110W and 119W. Do I have that wrong?
Yeah that is right. 77 was used for Mexico and 129 was a Canadian Satellite they leased space on for spot beam locals. Neither is needed now that every thing on both arcs is now mpeg 4.

Hopper 382