Status
Not open for further replies.

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
I've always used margarita mix and added Cuervo Gold tequila. Got a bottle of 1800 Anejo for Xmas and want to try one from scratch. Is it just Tequila, Grand Marnier and lime juice? Some people have stated it's all in the lime juice, since you don't want to make it too sour. Any good recipes?

The traditional margarita:the ONLY way!

* 3:1:1 = 6:2:2 (60% tequila, 20% Cointreau (TripleSec), 20% fresh KEY LIME juice).

Popular
* 1.5 ounces tequila
* .5 ounce Cointreau
* 1 ounce lime juice

Shake with ice. Strain into a cocktail glass. Optional: You can prepare the cocktail glass by moistening the rim with lime juice, and then dipping it into coarse salt. A properly made margarita never sees the inside of a blender, etc.

Often, NON-TRADITIONAL margaritas, the Triple Sec is replaced with other types of orange-flavored liqueur, such as Patrón Citrónge, or the Blue Curaçao, yielding the blue margarita. The "grand", "royal", or "cadillac" margarita often contains Grand Marnier. Oftentimes, when sweeter fruit juices or freshly muddled fruits are added to the margarita, the amount of Triple Sec is often reduced or it is eliminated entirely.

Top Shelf Margarita
1/2 oz Cointreau® orange liqueur
1/2 oz Grand Marnier® orange liqueur
2 1/2 oz sweet and sour mix
1 oz lime juice
1 1/2 oz tequila

Last edited:
Thanks! I should have known the resident Bourbon Tester would give me the info :up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone else excited about Black Christmas remake?

logging in to this site

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts