Lock Dish Receiver

Rebooth

Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Houston
Is there any way to lock my Dish Receiver so no one can watch dish on that TV, but it can be easily reversed so i can watch it. I don't want parental locks, i want to lock them out completely. If i can't lock them out is there something i can change so the system wont work but i can get on, change it, and then it can be used again? My son sleeps in the living room every night watching tv and we have had many arguments about this but he just wont go to his room to sleep and im trying to take his reason for being in this room away.

Thanks

Pending some good ol' fashion discipline, I guess a power cord lock might suffice. ;) Is he old and smart enough to cut the cord and put on a new plug?

Pending some good ol' fashion discipline, I guess a power cord lock might suffice. ;) Is he old and smart enough to cut the cord and put on a new plug?

He is 25, he has a job, and he is going to college. Is there anything i can do with the receiver?

OIC. If your receiver has a removable smart card, just pull that out and it's useless.

Is there anything else, short of removing the card, that will shut this receiver down or make it useless? Is there a system parameter i can change that will disrupt the signal from coming in correctly? Come on you tech guys, somebody knows how.

Its possible that you could lock the front panel and take the remote to your room. If the receiver were in standby via the remote, and the front panel were locked, there would possibly be no way to turn it on and just have the screen saver. I will have to check it out though for certain.

Why not just put parental locks on everything (even G rated) and then put the password on it? Then he won't be able to access anything without the password.

Why not just put parental locks on everything (even G rated) and then put the password on it? Then he won't be able to access anything without the password.

You know, I tryed that, i activated all the rate settings and for some reason it didnt work, i could acess all channels even though i had the parental locks on.

How do you rate superbuddy

HD Platinum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)