Locals with commercial truck declaration

buckeyered

Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
I qualify for locals outside my area under this dish program.
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/locals/rv_truck/
Can dish tell where the receiver is at? I want to watch locals when I am at home and not in the truck. I have a super dish at home and want to purchase a smaller dish to mount on my truck and just want to move the receiver back and forth.
If I choose the LA locals the form says they are at 119 degrees where as the others are 110 degrees so does this mean the super dish at home wont pick up the LA stations without moving the dish?
Out of the five cities (Denver, Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles and New York) I can choose from which one is the best?

Thanks

The only way dish can really tell where the receiver is at is if you plug it into a phone line and let it dial home. The RV/Truck waiver pretty much tells them to expect not to get a call from this receiver.

A superdish will pick up programming from 110 and 119 degrees. (As well as 105 or 121 depending upon which superdish it is.) Thus the truck receiver will be able to pick up any of the packages if you move it into your house and connect it to the superdish.

I would recommend basing your choice upon which time zone you would want to watch programming in. For example you might want LA if you want to "delay" the watching of primetime, or NY if you want it earlier.

Local Stations Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts