Local Channels Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tilllinderman

Original poster
Nov 20, 2005
Just wondering, I call Directv just about weekly to find out if my Rockford, IL local channels will be available. It was announced over a year ago now 11-10-2004 that they would be available "in early 2005". Just wondering if anyone has any better information than the directv CSR's have, seems like most times when I call they give me the "Well your local channels are coming soon" line that I am sooooooo sick of hearing...

I can only go by press releases, and truly don't feel like posting the links here...

DirecTV has local channels for 134 markets. Rockford would make 135. However, DirecTV recently stated they'd be adding three markets by the end of the year, taking their total to 137 by year's end.

I don't think Rockford makes it this year.

One of the main reasons is space….DirecTv just doesn’t have enough space to put a lot of locals up yet or maybe they don’t have an agreement with all the stations yet.

Rockford is probably not available because a carriage agreement hasn't been reached.

Rockford was to be launched on the 72.5 slot. There appears to be enough room there, and was to be the last market launched there. These three new markets are going on 101.

Any word on the Abilene/Sweetwater, TX locals? I recently had an installer tell me that my locals would be available around Dec. 17th, but according to DTV, they "have no plans to offer....at this time".

welcome :wave

Honestly dont know about Abilene locals but honestly unless its announced we really don't know (I always love how an installer thinks theyll be online at X date)

Reason I say that is on Dish, my locals (Duluth, MN) were "rumoured" for almost a year...they finally came up on of all days, tax day :)

Lol Iceberg. I've found over the years that the installers, regardless of service, are the ones that really know what's going on. A telco installer gave me a heads up on a DSL gateway going in near me so that I could get DSL, and now they've given me a timeframe for FiOS (3 years :( ), and "customer service" knew nothing about either one. The phone people are always the last to know.

The DTV installer didn't hesitate at spitting out a date, but he did caution that it could be after the first of the year. Probably has more than just a little to do with Spaceway 2.

Dish has offered locals here for about 6 months, maybe longer, and was in the right place at the right time. One of the local stations wanted the local cable company to pay to carry them and cable company refused. Long and short of it is cable dropped that channel, Dish came in offering it and got a good saturation because of it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Moving and HD

Can I get a DTV channel-list card?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts