Local Channel Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rmeyer1025

Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
Missouri
I am a new customer to DirecTV, after being a Dish customer for about 5 years. I liked Dish, but moved to a new house, and couldn't get the latest equipment from Dish without paying more....yada yada yada, so I'm now with DirecTV for about two weeks now. Here's my issue.

I have the HR34-700, and love the whole home feature, plus the HD in separate rooms was better than I had with Dish. Love it. But my local NBC affiliate has a HORRIBLE picture that drops out, and pixulated picture. But it's sporadic. Not a problem, except during the evening. I emailed DirecTV about this issues last week, and got the standard, reboot your box email. I emailed them a second time, and they finally acknowledged there may be a problem with the station in question. Here it is, a week later, and I am still having the problem. Trying to watch Law & Order SVU has been painful.

I finally called last night, and I was told by the CSR, they are aware of the problem, and there was nothing they could do at this time, I would just have to wait. I've talked to other people who have DTV and they are having similiar issues receiving this channel. (They channel in question is KSNF in Joplin. Ironically, I'm about 3/4 mile from their broadcast facility, their tower nearly casts a shadow in my backyard).

This is the first time I've posted on this board, but I'm hoping I can find an answer on how to deal with this. Other than that, I'm happy with DTV. Better and more HD sports, and the HD channels I've lost, I don't care about so much.

Any ideas on how to get this resolved? I don't see any problems with my other locals. Why can't they provide me with a good quality picture? Very frustrating. Thanks in advance for any help.

I am a new customer to DirecTV, after being a Dish customer for about 5 years. I liked Dish, but moved to a new house, and couldn't get the latest equipment from Dish without paying more....yada yada yada, so I'm now with DirecTV for about two weeks now. Here's my issue.

I have the HR34-700, and love the whole home feature, plus the HD in separate rooms was better than I had with Dish. Love it. But my local NBC affiliate has a HORRIBLE picture that drops out, and pixulated picture. But it's sporadic. Not a problem, except during the evening. I emailed DirecTV about this issues last week, and got the standard, reboot your box email. I emailed them a second time, and they finally acknowledged there may be a problem with the station in question. Here it is, a week later, and I am still having the problem. Trying to watch Law & Order SVU has been painful.

I finally called last night, and I was told by the CSR, they are aware of the problem, and there was nothing they could do at this time, I would just have to wait. I've talked to other people who have DTV and they are having similiar issues receiving this channel. (They channel in question is KSNF in Joplin. Ironically, I'm about 3/4 mile from their broadcast facility, their tower nearly casts a shadow in my backyard).

This is the first time I've posted on this board, but I'm hoping I can find an answer on how to deal with this. Other than that, I'm happy with DTV. Better and more HD sports, and the HD channels I've lost, I don't care about so much.

Any ideas on how to get this resolved? I don't see any problems with my other locals. Why can't they provide me with a good quality picture? Very frustrating. Thanks in advance for any help.
Welcome to the Site !!!

Can you pick it up OTA ?
If so, look at that picture and see if it's doing it as well.
IF it is, I would call the LOCAL station and ask to talk to the Chief Engineer, tell him whats going on ... it could be something on thier end with the feed to D*. seeing your not having the trouble with the other locals, hard to say, but thats where I would start, see if it's happening with the OTA first.

I'd call the local station regardless. Most of the engineers I have talked to like to talk to customers, especially if it's a technical issue that they may be able to resolve.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Local Channel - NY showing up with ATL

MLB Extra Innings 2012 Now Available

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)