LNB Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmeggers

Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
I've been reviewing the posts on LNBs, and I think I have a handle on it, just want to make sure I can do what I want.

My current setup is a dual-LNB dish connected to two different receivers. Programming is pretty basic, basic channels plus local, no premium or foreign language. One of the receivers has Tivo, and can accept a second connection. We've also just purchased another TV for downstairs and I plan to use a third receiver I already have. Add all this together and I need four connections. It sounds like a triple-LNB dish will give me what I need, plus running a couple more lines.

Please let me know if I'm on track, or if I'm missing something here.

John

You don't need the triple lnb dish for what _you_ want unless you want HD or foreign programming, what _you_ want is a 3x4 multiswitch, the two existing connections go in one end, and 4 out the other end to each tuner.

That being said, the price for a 3x4 is about 30 bucks, a new 3 lnb dish (which WILL still work for what you want) is about 50 bucks, installed, it should be noted that if you are buying the 2 receivers from DirecTV they should GIVE you the switch free.

When I replaced my dual lnb setup with the 3lnb, my signals got better (slighty bigger dish), and I'm HD ready. Something to think about.

Make your own choice.

Thanks for the reply. I may very well eventually want HD, so a new dish is probably the way to go.

Love the tag line, BTW.....

No problem, also note, if you wait to get 3lnb dish (and get a 3x4 now), then in the future when you get a HD STB/DVR from them, they will give you the 3lnb dish free. So you could get the 3x4 for free now (by adding programmiing/receiver), then when you want HD, get a HD from them and get the dish free too.

Oh and thanks (about sig).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

activate DVR on website

How can I use a DVR if they the wall is inaccessable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)