Killebrew ends fight against cancer, looks to hospice: UPDATE....he has passed away

The Twins are going to wear '61 throwback jerseys for all of their remaining home game in honor of Killebrew.
As tribute, '61 uniforms to stay | StarTribune.com
Twins players decided to wear their cream-colored 1961 throwback uniforms for all remaining home games this year, as a tribute to Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew.
The front office and manager Ron Gardenhire gave their full support.
"I've got no problem with that at all," Gardenhire said. "I think that's wonderful, to tell you the truth."
A very classy move, and really sweet looking unis.

twins-throwbacks.jpg

An all around good guy. If all athletes were like him, then kids would have really good idols. A great model athlete for many generations to admire

Obviously its big here in Minneapolis news wise but they had a interesting tidbit

This spring Harmon was at Spring Training. He talked with both the major and the minor league guys and one thing he mentioned was in regards to signing stuff. He said to sign it like you mean it and make it legible so the kids know who signed the baseball :)
Thought that was pretty cool.

Iceberg said:
Obviously its big here in Minneapolis news wise but they had a interesting tidbit

This spring Harmon was at Spring Training. He talked with both the major and the minor league guys and one thing he mentioned was in regards to signing stuff. He said to sign it like you mean it and make it legible so the kids know who signed the baseball :)
Thought that was pretty cool.

I think he was just like that. When we were at Twins Fest in 2001 he was signing. A Twins employee came down the line and told us we didn't need to wait in line because Harmon insisted on visiting with everyone he signed for and time wouldn't let him get to us. We did see him in the photo line (that's where the picture of my daughter with Harmon came from) and he was the same there). When we saw him in Van Meter with Mr. Feller, it was the same. He couldn't be anything but himself, and that was good enough.

Worst MLB Contracts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts