Ken Reid and Rob Haze

February 2-9, 2002

This week Ken welcomes the comedian behind the YouTube Special “Frontin” Rob Haze to the show.

Ken and Rob discuss his experiences in the comedy scene, his love for the Bernie Mac Show, and the impact of the mockumentary format on sitcoms. He also highlights underrated shows from the 2001-2002 season and shares an interesting story about Disney’s encounter with Dr. Dre. The conversation covers various topics, including the Boston comedy scene, the influence of African American actors, and the crossover between music and comedy on shows like All That. In this part of the conversation, Ken Reid and Rob Haze discuss the counter programming during the Super Bowl, including True Hollywood Stories and My Girl 2. They also talk about the influence of Fear Factor and the impact it had on Joe Rogan’s career. The conversation then moves on to the programming on Monday night, including Malcolm in the Middle and the Heroes of Black Comedy series. They also discuss the controversy between the World Wildlife Fund and the WWE. Other topics covered include the movie Auto Focus, Comedy Central stand-up shows, and the Bavarian Cuckoo Clock controversy. In this episode, Ken Reid and Rob Haze review the TV Guide from February 8-14, 2002. They discuss the TV lineup for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, highlighting shows like Bernie Mac, My Wife and Kids, Titus, and Dark Angel. They also explore the Winter Olympics and the war in Congo. The episode concludes with a discussion of TV Guide’s Cheers and Jeers section.

And don’t miss Rob’s stand up comedy special Frontin’

I’m Ken Reid, a stand up comedian from Boston, MA and a life long television fan. I’ve been twice nominated as the Best Stand up in Boston and I have been featured on Comedy Central, NPR, Nerdist, and MSN. I own every issue of TV Guide. Each week a guest chooses an issue at random, picks their viewing choices from that week and the show is our discussion of the tough viewing choices of our past. We get into stories about growing up, people’s relationship with television, some cultural/media studies dissection and I spit out a lot of trivia.

Note: The Ken Reid TV Guidance Counselor Podcast is rated PG-13 and may contain mild language.

The post Ken Reid and Rob Haze appeared first on The Solid Signal Blog.

Continue reading...

Can you use a DIRECTV Genie with a KING One Pro?

Here are your top 5 RV upgrades for 2024

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts