Keep TS 360 and send back DTC 210 or vice-versa

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sharpie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
This Sunday I was unable to receive a couple of HD channels so I called D*. While on hold with tech I decided to do a reset on my Samsung TS 360. After the reset the receiver would not pick up any HD or SD signal. The tech said that the Samsung was faulty and she would send another receiver to me. After I hung up I went outside to check my dish. A few days earlier we had an ice storm and ice had built up on the dish but I was still getting a strong signal during the storm. But on Sunday all I could see was a little ice left on the dish. So I waited until the ice had all melted off that day and tried the receiver again. This time the signals came in strong and I was able to see all HD and SD channels. My feeling is that it was that little amount of ice causing the problem and not the receiver itself. Yesterday a RCA DTC-210 showed up on my doorstep. What would you do, send back the RCA and continue using the Samsung or vice-versa. I will say that the wife and myself do like the display that the Samsung receiver shows compared the RCA which shows nothing. Opinions would be very helpful. Thanks.

I just exchanged my 360 for one of the new H10s, and (while the guide it... enh.... at best) The reciever itself it - MUCH better. I am properly picking up the OTA stations MUCH better (100 miles away... with a directional antenna pointed in the WRONG direction) My thought is I'll just keep the maintinance fee, and if I don't like what something does, I'll just call and complain.

My picture is clearer - and the 720p stations work properly for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

And now for a receiver question

Help please - 3LNB dish w/multiple feeds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)