Just switched from Dish Network to Comcast...

dishbd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
...and so far so good. The biggest thing I've noticed so far is that the SD channel picture quality is MUCH better than Dish was. (I'm in the Atlanta area by the way.) Also, the HD quality seems to be just as good as Dish was, and the On Demand HD quality is very good. There are only a couple or so channels that I wish Comcast had in HD that Dish does have. One is the Weather Channel (yes, I'm cheesy that way, and I am glad to have a REAL local forecast back), and the others are all the HBO channels which are all HD with Dish.

I forgot how much we missed On Demand, and there are many options for the kiddos, so that helps. Also, I have noticed that even though the Comcast DVR is significantly smaller than what we had with Dish, so many of the programs we would record are available On Demand, so that really helps with the hard drive space. Also, with Dish we recorded so much crap that we never watched, I think I like this better.

So all this to say, so far I am glad I made the switch. We are saving about $40 a month for about the equivalent amount of channels that we had with Dish, although once the 6 month promotional period is up, it will end up being about the same price as Dish Network was. We'll see how it shakes once the "Honeymoon" phase is over. The Dish receiver's interface was superior over what Comcast has (I knew that coming in), but the On Demand functionality makes up for that.

Well for us it does at this point. Just sharing my opinion on it since this is a Comcast board. I guess we are finding the variety of programming (specifically for the kids) is pretty good - better than what we had before. I'll sacrifice a little bit of functionality for that.

I have Comcrap and I have numerous problems with them freezing pixilating stuttering and to top it off the compression is so bad I have SD DVD's that look as good as most of their HD not many but the compression kills it.

I would switch back if I could get line of sight.

Grrr!

The problem with cable companies is that quality varies from place to place, while satellite is the same everywhere you can get it.

Well, time for me to eat a little crow. The "Honeymoon" period did wear off. And more importantly, my wife was pissed with the guide layout, etc of Comcast vs. what we are used to with Dish. Also, the difficulty of finding On Demand programming became a pain.

All this to say, we hooked back up Dish and canceled Comcast. My bad, but all is good now, once again. :)

I have Comcrap and I have numerous problems with them freezing pixilating stuttering and to top it off the compression is so bad I have SD DVD's that look as good as most of their HD not many but the compression kills it.

I would switch back if I could get line of sight.

Grrr!

I agree 100%. The DVR I have through Comcast can't even touch Dish's DVRs. The only thing keeping me from cutting down every tree in my back yard is the price, and hopefully sooner than later rollout of U-verse in my area. I'm sick of interface and overall undependable recording. It cuts off shows, doesn't record at all sometimes, and forget trying to search for anything.

Uverse ranked # 1 in Customer Satisfaction

Old topic...new question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)