Just ordered DISH - Questions about other services

jetsetter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
OK - So, I finally got around to signing up for DISH today - Installed scheduled for tomorrow already... Dish Hopper w/Sling, 1 Super Joey and 2 Joey's...excited about it and was pleasantly surprised that am getting install within 24 hours of ordering and that too on a Sunday!

So, I currently have VZ triple play - just put in an order to port my VZ # to my Vonage account...and will cancel the TV service - once the # portability completes... Any ideas on how long does this process take? Should I cancel my TV now? or wait till phone is successfully transferred? I also had my alarm system connected - hopefully, I can make sure that the inside wiring still works for my alarm after VZ service is cancelled and Vonage is the only line. Anyone with this kind of setup?

Thanks

Yes I did what you are doing including the alarm system.

I ported a regular landline from AT&T (They will be no longer providing service for it and I didn't want to take the chance of losing it) to my VOIP provider (Voicepulse) and it took about one week. It can three or so weeks in some cases.

DO NOT cancel any services with Verizon until your number is ported over. Do not listen to anyone that says you can and it will have no impact. Why be impatient for the short time of keeping it.

I am assuming your present phone is a VOIP with Verizon. If your alarm system worked with that, it should work with another VOIP provider. If your present phone is a regular landline, it will most likely not work without some changes on how it connects.

OK - So, I finally got around to signing up for DISH today - Installed scheduled for tomorrow already... Dish Hopper w/Sling, 1 Super Joey and 2 Joey's...excited about it and was pleasantly surprised that am getting install within 24 hours of ordering and that too on a Sunday!

So, I currently have VZ triple play - just put in an order to port my VZ # to my Vonage account...and will cancel the TV service - once the # portability completes... Any ideas on how long does this process take? Should I cancel my TV now? or wait till phone is successfully transferred? I also had my alarm system connected - hopefully, I can make sure that the inside wiring still works for my alarm after VZ service is cancelled and Vonage is the only line. Anyone with this kind of setup?

Thanks

also something else do you have high speed internet? because to use all the capabilities of the hopper with sling system you will need high speed internet.

Dish Billing Issues (Calculation of Sales Tax)

multiple dish's on same property?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)