John Force Crash

What is he doing, still doing this?! The "crash" seems less of a problem than the fire, though it did take a couple bumps.

When is that from ?

The wreck was worse than the fire.

He pounded that Left wall HARD ...

Do they use the Safer Barrier walls that NASCAR does in many locations.

When is that from ?

The wreck was worse than the fire.

He pounded that Left wall HARD ...

Do they use the Safer Barrier walls that NASCAR does in many locations.
Those looked like concrete barriers, not safer barriers. The flames weren't just puffs. That had to hurt. Not Grosjean bad, but that was a bad wreck.

Those looked like concrete barriers, not safer barriers. The flames weren't just puffs. That had to hurt. Not Grosjean bad, but that was a bad wreck.
As far as the Fire goes, He's protected with his Fire Suit ...
The Wreck was definitely BAD.

As for the Safer Barrier walls, its hard to say whether they are or not ...
The NASCAR SB wall look just like regular walls until you get a close look at them.

Btw, that was Yesterday.

He's 75 years old. Time to quit. Past time actually.
Well, who else is going to do it? The kids sure don't care about going really fast for 1/4 mi.

And what's with the ageism? If you enjoy doing something you should be able to choose to do it. Like being the president.

He's 75 years old. Time to quit. Past time actually.
He has been retired. His daughters have been full time for over 10 years or more. If I remember reading this was his last run.

Well, who else is going to do it? The kids sure don't care about going really fast for 1/4 mi.

And what's with the ageism? If you enjoy doing something you should be able to choose to do it. Like being the president.
Settle down. No need to bring politics into this. I'm more concerned about his safety than anything. But you are right. It's his choice.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Since when?

John Force is in second place in the NHRA funny car standings. You don't get there without racing.
Yes I read after this race he was hanging it up. Only his one daughter is racing now, I think the other girls stopped.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Force sent the drag racing world into a tizzy this week after publicly acknowledging that he's putting together a succession plan at John Force Racing.Jun 8, 2024

He has been retired. His daughters have been full time for over 10 years or more. If I remember reading this was his last run.
I literally just saw an ad for him to be racing next weekend in Norwalk, OH.

I literally just saw an ad for him to be racing next weekend in Norwalk, OH.
Yes if you look at my links from the beginning of this month the first reports is he was retiring. He had to come back and clarify later, that he wasnt but major shakups in his team are happening.

Just read he is still in hospital, so maybe he will be racing next weekend?

• Wow
Reactions: telstar_1
I would not be surprised to see him Retire officially at the end of the NHRA Season ...
Provided he makes it thru This incident.
I doubt he (or anyone else in a points-based competition) would have started the 2024 campaign without intending to finish it.

Missing races is certainly hard on points but it happens.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Even if we are talking contusions, he's going to be in serious pain for a while. The body doesn't recover well in its 70s. Granted, it is just go forward for a few seconds, not managing G's for a couple hours while turning the wheel this or that way. But still, repeated exposure to fire and the bangs on the concrete walls are going to slow him down a lot, and that is assuming no serious injuries.

Sunday Ticket litigation

Auto Racing 2024

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts