Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
With all the work I have been doing behind the scenes I almost forgot that Dish Network will be having a pre CES Retailer Chat today at Noon Eastern Time!

Of course SatelliteGuys will be covering this chat LIVE here at SatelliteGuys.US and also our SatelliteGuys Chat room (found at http://chat.satelliteguys.us) will be open as well!

Please join us here TODAY at NOON for this chat! :D

Jan 3rd Live Retailer Chat Recap

Welcome to SatelliteGuys LIVE Exclusive Retailer Chat coverage!

In this chat we will discuss items of interest to you the consumer.

Jim and Amir are at the desk and they jump in.

They announce Gainsville FL launches Jan 20th, no NBC and Missing ABC for $3.99 a month.

Upcoming cities include, Billing MT, Casper WY, Erir WY, Great Fals Rapid City, Biscmark, ND... Soon to be in 160 markets.

Now Jim and Amir are talking about Dealer Promotions. (Yes Dealers FREE DISH is dead..)

All other promotions have been extended until July 31st.

The 6 months free HD package for new customers will be continued until July 31st. Still nothing for existing customers.

Jim Says exciting things are coming down the line on February 1st.

New customers subscribing to AT 120 will get AT 180 for 3 months at no extra charge.

It is called the AT 180 Test Drive.

If a new customer subscribes to the AT 120 Value Pack (with HBO and Cinemax) they get upgraded to AT180 for 3 months, plus get a $30 rebate from HBO.

Scott Greczkowski said:
The 6 months free HD package for new customers will be continued until July 31st. Still nothing for existing customers.

Jim Says exciting things are coming down the line on February 1st.

Yeah, come Feb 1st besides my price increase E* will also be giving me a hot poker up my A**

The LCD TV's are not available yet, they hope to have them available by the end of January. The 30 Inch MSRP has been dropped from $1,999 to $1,599.

The MSRP for the 40 LCD screen remains the same at $3,999

The monitors will be displayed at CES.

There is a new Diplexor available from Dish which you can use with the Dish Pro Plus 44 switch. It is the first Diplexor which can handle the power load of the 44 plus switch.

They are now taking questions.

I find it odd and actually concerning that they have not mentioned the price increase to the dealers, while the Information is no public if you log in to your Dish Network account.

cdru said:
There always some new exciting things coming down "next" month. However, "next" month never gets here.

Don't you think the new price increase is "exciting"??? What more do you want?

:p

BobMurdoch said:
Yeah, a heart attack is "technically" exciting......

The problem is that heart attacks cause death, and dead people don't get excited. The whole thing, therefore, is very coutner productive.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Now Jim and Amir are talking about Dealer Promotions. (Yes Dealers FREE DISH is dead..)
Scott, what do you mean by "Free Dish"? It was rumored that the SuperDish promotion would expire at the end of 2004, is that what you're saying?

Free Dish was a new customer promotion that was killed by dish last year but kept alive for deals this year. It is now officially dead for everyone.

It was the traditional program where you'd commit and get your equipment free, it covered basic equipment and higher equipment like DVRs and HD were extra.

It's kinda sad that since DHA has consumed dish so much new folks don't even know what the Free Dish promo was :(

811 more problems

Dish Network 34" monitor issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)