ITV Weather

hall said:
Are you losing sleep over this too ?? Get over it... When Dish is ready to launch it, they will. The real problem is when things get pre-announced WAY too early and people get hard-ons over it and check the channel every 15 minutes and critique the wording on their website and watch to see if they change the wording. Life will go on with or without the possible feature. Dish will continue to operate too.

man you need to get a life if your worried about my sleep habits,
and i don't ck the twc every 15 min. matter of fact it hasn't been on there
all day, feel better? now you don't have to worry about me.:rolleyes:

hall said:
Are you losing sleep over this too ?? Get over it... When Dish is ready to launch it, they will. The real problem is when things get pre-announced WAY too early and people get hard-ons over it and check the channel every 15 minutes and critique the wording on their website and watch to see if they change the wording. Life will go on with or without the possible feature. Dish will continue to operate too.

I am sick and tired of reading posts of people demeaning others for anxiously awaiting for a new feature! So you don't care for this feature? So what! Many of us do! This topic has not one but TWO popular threads. So obviously many people DO care about this. So go post somewhere else on something that you might be interested in and stay out of this one unless you have something informative or constructive to pass along!:mad:

So you don't care for this feature? So what! Many of us do!
When and where did I say I wasn't interested in this ?? I am, in fact, but I'm not waiting in anxious anticipation of it showing up. When it does, great ! Until then, my life goes on.
So go post somewhere else on something that you might be interested in and stay out of this one...
I'm sorry, Scott. Wait, you're not Scott. This isn't your website.... Guess you can't tell me what to do. :D

I have a huge interest in weather but I also know that I can come online and get the info too (and it would probably be less hassle than from the satellite receiver). I would not think that they would advertise these coming soon announcements way in advance to consumers though.

The point was that you obviously don't get excited over this feature that will hopefully be coming soon. And that's fine. One will love it and another will think that it is stupid. But some of us are aggressively looking forward to this. And that is no reason for you to tell someone they are getting "hard-ons" or "losing sleep" waiting for this. There is no reason to be rude to anyone just because they get more excited over something than you do.

-----

ok i have a question, i guess i still don't understand , IF and WHEN this
feature gets up and running,will you have to go to channel 100
and push a button everytime? or will it just be there like on cable
when local on the 8's come on?

as i understand it - you will see a little round blue "interactive" button on your screen (like you do for some of the ads for dish channels) and you can then press select which will load the info onto the screen while you are still watching the channel .. i could be wrong though.

ok i have a question, i guess i still don't understand , IF and WHEN this
feature gets up and running,will you have to go to channel 100
and push a button everytime? or will it just be there like on cable
when local on the 8's come on?

When tuned to the Wather Channel you will see a "Press Select" icon on the screen, if you press select the interacitve application will load.

As I posted in the other thread, the application will begin rollout on Wednesday on 25% of the Interactive Compatable receivers. :)

All of the 721's, none of the 311's (I am guessing none of the 301's either), 25% of the others which would be 3900/4900/522/625 ? Seems like they are rolling it for the older OpenTv receivers first. In the past they have released software to the older receivers first as if its their reward for having Dish the longest.

----

When tuned to the Wather Channel you will see a "Press Select" icon on the screen, if you press select the interacitve application will load.

As I posted in the other thread, the application will begin rollout on Wednesday on 25% of the Interactive Compatable receivers. :)

ok thanks, i'm not in a major market, so i guess a lot of people will be reporting about this long before i get it on my 625 :rolleyes:

I wonder what time they will implement it tomorrow.Maybe this will be turned on at Midnight tonight or maybe sometimes in the morning it will be there unless your receiver isn't one of them that is getting it tomorrow.I'm hoping since the 301is an older receiver it will get this tomorrow.

Last edited:
It could be 25% of the receiver models (301 but not 311, 522 but not 625) or more likely it could be 25% of the same receiver models (25% of 522 get it while 75% do not).

This posts reflects an opinion not fact.

Diplexer with cable modem

Dvr-625

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)