its been a long time - have some oddball questions

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
I'll try to keep my question short :)

I use to have dish (E*) a couple years ago maybe longer, had to switch back to cable tv due to a line of sight issue.

Well our local cable company is charging more and more $$$ and dropping channels as I have not switched to digital boxes due to yet more money and the fact that I like tivo better the SA8300 box they call a DVR.

I have noticed more and more homes near me that have both dish or dtv and they are not pointing to the same place in the sky my old install was (If I hade to guess I'dd say almost 45 deg to my left) which would be great as I hope I can get clean line of sight. The damn tree is still an issue otherwise and its not on my land - grrrr

So I guess my question is (I know this sounds 110% stupid) but did dish change locations in the sky?

if it helps any my location is CT

Also is dish's hd-dvr better then most SA boxes?

TIA
John

webbydude said:
Not so much "change locations" as that they added locations. Those "left" facing dishes you're seeing are probably for hi-def and/or local channels.

Hmm never thought of that - to add to that though they only have the one dish -- I have seen homes with two dishes in a "v" formation.

I know this is a dishnetwork forum -- but does d* postion thier birds in the same location IE I'm still SOL :-(

thanks in advance,
John

one more question for zip code 06790 -- what direction does the dish need to pont to for HD, standard programs and locals?

Since you're in CT, those dishes facing left are pointed at the 61.5' satellite. I'd suspect they're as much for international programming as high-def programming.

Finally Ready To Upgrade Leased 942 to 622

Darn it, another issue with 622 (audio sync)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts