It wasn't meant to be this weekend.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
The excitement to set up my FTA wasn't meant to be this weekend, Fedex showed up before 9 am , heard a thump on the back porch, dog started barking, went to the side door signed for package, brought box inside, went back to sleep, curiousity got me , opened box started pulling out hardware, pull out dish.........

....................oh no !!!!!! Big Dent $%&^%# called Sadoun now just waiting to see what happens next.

My guess is the delivery guy could have been careless, probably the thump I heard, carton looks ok but dish was on the box for stab hh 100 motor see my picture .

Attachments

• frotec 90cm dent.JPG
    frotec 90cm dent.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 90cm frnt dent.JPG
    90cm frnt dent.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 215
UPS almost got mine too!

jayelem said:
The excitement to set up my FTA wasn't meant to be this weekend, Fedex showed up before 9 am , heard a thump on the back porch, dog started barking, went to the side door signed for package, brought box inside, went back to sleep, curiousity got me , opened box started pulling out hardware, pull out dish.........
....................oh no !!!!!! Big Dent $%&^%# called Sadoun now just waiting to see what happens next.
My guess is the delivery guy could have been careless, probably the thump I heard, carton looks ok but dish was on the box for stab hh 100 motor see my picture .

My 31" Winegard almost was had by the UPS guy. They put 2 holes in the box, just barely missing anything of value. Out here, fedex is pretty good...It is UPS that has the RECORD. I used to photograph stuff I shipped UPS. They broke tons of well packed stuff!

real hard to see but is it just the edge of the dish? If so, you're fine. The sweet spot is right above the 4 screws

If it has been damaged in shipping its Fed Ex you should be contacting!

Better Pic Look at shadow from dent

This picture is much better, I hope there is a painless resolution to this.

Last edited:
The Vendor will probably...

That is one reason to buy from a good vendor as you have!

They ship enough stuff to have a good relationship with Fedex and hopefully can send you an advance replacement while all the Insurance stuff goes on in the background.

I used to sell on Ebay and when there was fgt damage, I always made a refund to the purchaser (or replaced the item) and then went after the shipper. I think it is now up to the Vendor.

That was when I found it wise to photograph all shipments via UPS as they were packed! They put up a fight on 2 speakers I had shipped in the factory packing...They surrendered when I emailed them the Pictures!!!

Frustrating, but I am sure you will do fine with Sadoun!

After all who wants a dish that looks like it was hit by a meteor on the house! (kind of looks like a moon of Saturn or something...would make for a great story!!!!)

Good Luck
Jeff

jayelem said:
This picture is much better, I hope there is a painless resolution to this.

That dish is useless now, just demand a new dish, it's not your problem they can't deliver a fault free dish.

Seen this many times, most often due to bad packaging of the dishes from manufacturer, they don't ship metal dishes very well today, just in cardboard boxes which isn't enough as the dish can look great without dents but be warped instead, and a warped dish is useless.

In the old days they always shipped them in wooden frames, it's the only way to transport a metal dish without risking damage.

That is a sad sight. If this is your first or only setup I'd also be very disappointed. As a practical matter, depending on the strength of your target satellites / transponders / signals, it looks like it could be hammered back into relatively good shape. Of course if it's torqued / twisted it could end-up causing you a lot of frustration.

Oddly, I also received my 90cm Fortec Star dish yesterday morning. It's an upgrade (in size only) from my 76cm Winegard. It also had several rim bends likely due to shifting in the box with other components (like the heavy mount assembly) in the same box. I was able to remove the bends (your issue goes beyond rim bends) and verify that the dish had maintained its' shape by laying it down on a flat surface.

The only reason I wanted to bump up on size is because my target signals are almost exclusively news feeds. I've found myself on the edge of useable quality signals for many feeds and am hoping to gain just a little more quality. So, in my case, I'd have to send that dish back - not wanting to take a chance on the setup effort involved and desired results.

My current experience with Sadoun is very positive. They were professional and helpful. I'm sure they receive the dishes in bulk and repackage them for delivery. It would obviously cost more to box and ship the dish apart from other components but my guess is that it would cut down on damaged dishes.

Good luck and don't get discouraged. The time spent getting and installing the right equipment will be small compared to the time you'll spend enjoying the results.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

i,m really so confused with 2 expressions ?

Windows 2000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)