Issue with guide data info in wrong slot on 722k with a particular local channel sub-channels

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
I have an guide data issue with one of my yellow antenna-received local channels, when I scan it with my VIP722k. Perhaps somebody can figure out if I can fix it by somehow re-labeling one of the sub channels. I've played with it a bit and can move them up one space in the guide, BUT, I can't find the right combination to put the proper guide data to the proper sub-channel number.

Ok, here's how it scans in and auto-labels them in the scan menu when scanned in:

25-1 WEYI (this is the MAIN channel, and equals 025-00 satellite received one, NBC network. It comes up in the guide as yellow 025-01 WEYI, but with the guide data for the CW below)
25-2 WEYI-C (this is a sub-channel, and is the CW network, it becomes YELLOW 025-02 WEYI "Digital Service")
25-3 BOUNCE (this is a sub-channel, and is BOUNCE network, it becomes YELLOW 025-03 BOUN "Digital Service".)

Ok, on all my other network yellow local antenna scanned in channels, the xx-1 channel is located in the guide right above the main satellite channel, and brings up guide data that is the same as the satellite received local channel. Which is what I want to happen here. However, on the above scanned channel group, yellow 25-1 is showing the guide data from CW 25-2 "WEYI-C". Yellow 25-2 (WEYI-C), shows up in the guide as 025-02 and is "Digital Service"

I need to know if someone can think of a way of me changing the name of either channel/sub channel in the scan menu, so it'll put the proper guide data to -1 and -2 channels.

Is this all confusing enough? LOL

Any help? Thanks!

I was really hoping NOT to hear that, but I think you are right. It's just so odd that it only affects this particular channel and sub channels, and not others. Then again this IS Dish...

I wanted to get it working to record a particular show for my wife, as there's now so many all at the same time and day, I can't get them all without some OTA tuners. Also, they are network shows that don't get repeated a ton of times like all the rest.

Thanks.

While you can change the name, that won't give you the correct guide data. It needs to be reported to a DIRT member so they can escalate it.

It's just so odd that it only affects this particular channel and sub channels, and not others. Then again this IS Dish...

I have noticed the same thing at my summer place as well. been that way as long as I can remember.

Don't think you could manually set the timer either because IIRC it shows in 3 hour blocks on the guide, maybe longer?

The ota guide data in general sucks in the Flint/Lansing dma, but I always thought it was because I receive Detroit locals via satellite.

You can make a manual timer as long or short as you want.......It isn't dependant on the schedule.

I have noticed the same thing at my summer place as well. been that way as long as I can remember.

Don't think you could manually set the timer either because IIRC it shows in 3 hour blocks on the guide, maybe longer?

The ota guide data in general sucks in the Flint/Lansing dma, but I always thought it was because I receive Detroit locals via satellite.

Along with the LACK of good sub-channels, (in Flint DMA) such as MEtv, Thistv, AntennaTv, Movies!, etc, etc. There's next to nothing available OTA here except mainstream old-school networks.

Hopefully when one of the DIRT people come on next, they'll see my first posting in this thread and see if there's anyway they can get the guide data fixed for 25.1 OTA.

Hopefully when one of the DIRT people come on next, they'll see my first posting in this thread and see if there's anyway they can get the guide data fixed for 25.1 OTA.

Or, you could simply PM one of the DIRT members so they don't have to look at at every single post in every thread.... ;)

now Dish wants two phone numbers, WHY?

NHL package in Free preview, oportunity to view canadian ads?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)