Issue with 612's

mike_l

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
East
I just got 2 new 612's. On my other receivers I just the jump ahead and jump back buttons to skip commercials when watching recorded shows. I think it jumps ahead 30 seconds and back 10. Never had a problem before but with these 612's it seems to not work as well. Sometimes when you go back it will go back a more like 60 seconds and will jump way ahead, kind of unpredictable, making it hard to skip through commercials. And when it starts to play after skipping ahead or back it kind of skips or stutters a little and then plays fine. Since it is happening on both I would assume is not likely an issue with both, maybe software? Has anyone else seen issues like this?

All the recorders (mine are 722s) seem to have problem if you have paused them. They will forward 1 frame or back 2 seconds while paused versus forward 30s and back 10s when playing. But if you FF or Rewind they will often make big jumps like 2 or 3 minutes back. Sometimes I try with a few skip aheads before putting it in play but that does not always work. Some of it is due to trying to find a key frame in MPEG-4 but that does not explain a 2-minute jump.

Jumps to the beginning indicate a bad recording or faulty recorder

Sorry if you are having a different problem on the 211 or 612.
-Ken

Software. I expect it will be fixed soon after the Tivo suit is finally settled.

I found that for my 722 it only happens on EA. I have both EA and a 500 with 110 and 119 plus wing for 61.5, for me it doesn't happen with the 500's except on my OTA's once in a while:confused:

Dish payment not showing

Issue with 722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts