Is VOOM Originals Worth $5/mth?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Since VOOM DBS went down the amount of New Content has been a disgrace. Is this is the path that Cablevision wants to take Voom, I say that in less than a year, it will be gone. There is no way this fiasco can continued. It is not worth $5.00/mth if it continues in this path.

I am certainly not happy with the lack of new content.

But since the question of the poll is "Is VOOM Originals Worth $5/mth?"
My answer is still YES! ;)

Yes, $5/month is worth it to show folks when they come over. However, it will get cancelled soon if they dont have some more content.

I have to agree with Ilya. I certainly hope that content will improve. Again they are not keeping viewers informed of future plans. They did buy that big library from Miramax last year that we have not seen much of. I invested $100 in a dish just to get VOOM so I hope that investment will be worth it. It is worth investing $5 a month to see what will happen. Since DISH owns part of it, I would hope they would use it to their advantage.

I would say that if they show the next season of La Liga and Euroleague Basketball is probably worth $5. But it is still a disgrace and yes it sucks big time :mad:, especially for those of us who subscribed to VOOM DBS and remember the golden days for the HD originals (remember the "Summer of VOOM" last year :no ). If they don't plan to add new content, they should combine all channels into two: a movie channel and another channel for everything else.

Response from VOOM

Last week I wrote an email to VOOM complaining about the lack of new content on the non-movie channels. Today, I got a response:

My message:
I’ve been a subscriber of the VOOM HD originals since March 2004 (initially through VOOM DBS, now through DishNetwork). I’ve noticed that since the channels transitioned to DishNetwork, there is very little new content on the non-movie channels (specifically Rave, Rush and Equator). Everything is just repeats and more repeats… What happen? What are the plans? When are you going to get new content (like in the good VOOM DBS days)?

VOOM Reponse:
I do marketing for the various VOOM HD Original channels. We're ramping back up and will be offering a lot of new premiere hrs later this year and early '06. We also have a number of new HD channels in development slated to go live in early '06. Thanks for your support and I hope you enjoy the offering.

Regards,
{NAME}

HDNet Distributing Shuttle Launch Video

Heart: Alive in Seattle: Anyone have a Problem with this show?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)