Is this setup possible?

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
OK, first things first. I have the 722k box in the bedroom and I can't move it, just how the install worked out.

I'm giving my 42 inch HD (Bedroom) TV to my parents and keeping the 46 HD in the living room.

I'm getting their 25 inch "SD" as a replacement in the bedroom. Don't watch much TV in the bedroom anyway.

NOW...I would hook up the SD to TV2 via standard video cables and run the TV1 HDMI to my 46 HD in the living room.

What remote controls would work with this setup? I have 1 20.0 IR remote and 2 21.0 IR/UHF PRO remote controls.

Hopefully you understand and I would appreciate your help.

Thanks!

OK, first things first. I have the 722k box in the bedroom and I can't move it, just how the install worked out.

I'm giving my 42 inch HD (Bedroom) TV to my parents and keeping the 46 HD in the living room.

I'm getting their 25 inch "SD" as a replacement in the bedroom. Don't watch much TV in the bedroom anyway.

NOW...I would hook up the SD to TV2 via standard video cables and run the TV1 HDMI to my 46 HD in the living room.

What remote controls would work with this setup? I have 1 20.0 IR remote and 2 21.0 IR/UHF PRO remote controls.

Thanks!

You need 2 uhf remotes, change tv1 to uhf and make sure both remote addresses are different and your good to go.

Yes, 2 of them. When you get them and are ready come back and we'll walk you through setting them up.

There is another alternative. Radio Shack has an Wireless Remote extender. Put the sender in the living room and the receiver in the bedroom in line of site for your 722K.
Wireless Remote Extender : Wireless Signal Extenders | RadioShack.com

I have an older version and it works. I have a 211 in my computer room and use it's coax out to connect to a TV in the bedroom. That's how I can control the 211 from the bedroom.

Yes, 2 of them. When you get them and are ready come back and we'll walk you through setting them up.

Ready to be walked through it. =-)

Have two IR/ UHF remotes, just recapping the SD will be in the bedroom with the 722k with standard video cables to TV2. The HD TV is in the living room HDMI to TV1.

BTW, I was in single mode and now I've went back to dual. Can't seem to get the remote for TV2 hooked to bedroom 722 to control anything.

Thanks!

Ok, now my parents are having an issue. From the setup above, I gave them my extra HD tv. They already had the OTA module which goes inside the 322 box. Unfortunately for some strange reason, they can't get a good enough signal on most OTA channels and the stations that do come in strong fluctuate big time causing noticeable pixelization. No matter where I move the TV antenna I can't get a signal above 70% on 2-13 and stations 14-69 will just drop from 91 to 70 in a second. These all had 95% or above before with the older SD 25" magnavox TV that I now have. I can't figure out why they are having this issue??? I have tried everything I know, I can't think it's the module gone bad cause it worked fine with the 25" inch but apparently doesn't like the "42 Dynex HD TV.

I have their old 25 inch and my 722k with my own OTA module works fine, signal all 95% and above.

Anyone have a clue what could be the issue?

I've exhausted all options here.

Thanks.

Ok, now my parents are having an issue. From the setup above, I gave them my extra HD tv. They already had the OTA module which goes inside the 322 box. Unfortunately for some strange reason, they can't get a good enough signal on most OTA channels and the stations that do come in strong fluctuate big time causing noticeable pixelization. No matter where I move the TV antenna I can't get a signal above 70% on 2-13 and stations 14-69 will just drop from 91 to 70 in a second. These all had 95% or above before with the older SD 25" magnavox TV that I now have. I can't figure out why they are having this issue??? I have tried everything I know, I can't think it's the module gone bad cause it worked fine with the 25" inch but apparently doesn't like the "42 Dynex HD TV.

I have their old 25 inch and my 722k with my own OTA module works fine, signal all 95% and above.

Anyone have a clue what could be the issue?

I've exhausted all options here.

Thanks.

Need a better antenna. Outside is the best. It really sounds like they are getting multi-path reflections. Those will drop the signal down just like you mentioned.

But the thing that gets me, why would a TV change this. Before I gave them mine I was getting stations fine and I'm on the outside of the city and their in Houston? They were getting stations fine before with the old TV.

EHDs

IP Internet Delivered TV and DISH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)