Is Satmex5 dead

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ryftcode

Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
i am trying to get satmex 5, i moved the dish west and get satmex 6 ok, both C/KU band come ok on satmex 6, and yes i am getting every satellite in the arc from H to H with my 12 footer, except for Satmex5.

i tied the frequencies on THELIST, i dont have hardware bind scan so i had to enter then manually. after doing after moving down to where i know that satellite is i am get very good quality, but its not scanning anything.

can some confirm that the satmex5 is up and running and/or that THELIST frequencies are up to date.

where ya located?

If you live in a Northern state it is a pain to pick up KU on Satmex 5. I can barely lock it here in Minnesota

i am trying to get satmex 5, i moved the dish west and get satmex 6 ok, both C/KU band come ok on satmex 6, and yes i am getting every satellite in the arc from H to H with my 12 footer, except for Satmex5.

i tied the frequencies on THELIST, i dont have hardware bind scan so i had to enter then manually. after doing after moving down to where i know that satellite is i am get very good quality, but its not scanning anything.

can some confirm that the satmex5 is up and running and/or that THELIST frequencies are up to date.

Satmex 5 is alive and well...3979 H 2531 is active on C band, and 12175 H 3935 is active on KU...

I scanned it yesterday and found tons of stuff on C band. :)

scanning things in a previous time doesn't mean much in the world of satellites.

If SatMex5 died today, your observations from a time when it worked (yesterday) would be invalid unless SatMex was able to figure out the problem and restore operation and not have to move users to other birds.

thanks everyone...

i fix the problem, i just deleted the channel lists and reloaded a blank list on it. Then i rescaned the Satellite. they were too many stuff on it, i think. so it wouldnt scan anymore. lol

oh Iceberg i live in Jamaica.

i am getting very good quality on satmex5 now. lol

I scanned it yesterday and found tons of stuff on C band. :)
scanning things in a previous time doesn't mean much in the world of satellites.

If SatMex5 died today, your observations from a time when it worked (yesterday) would be invalid unless SatMex was able to figure out the problem and restore operation and not have to move users to other birds.

Looks like Lyngsat also shows there is a ton of stuff on SatMex5 C-band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Happy Halloween!!!!!

I finally took the plunge!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)