Is Dish doing anything to replace FOXP2 with something different.

pjm8047

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
syracuse,ny
I live I Syracuse,ny where I get FOXP2 for my RSN. On the opening day of the MLb season I tried to watch the Pirates but I was blacked out. This sucks I don't even have a regional home team to watch. I think they should replace it with MSG or FSN NY. The channel is worthless.

I live north of you in Ogdensburg, same situation, I have emailed Dish, Emailed Charlie, no response, I believe it is hopeless. By subscribing to MLB EI you will get Pirates, and all other teams except Mets and Yankees. Hopefully we will get the Yanks and Mets on WWOR and WPIX, though you may not qualify for them in Syracuse, I do in Ogdensburg. You could "move" to Binghamton, then you would get Mets.

I just want to watch mets baseball they should replace it with MSG. I e-mailed Judd Strickland Executive Office of DISH Network. She said she is looking it to it. I askederif I can get the multi sports pack for free she might back to me tomorrow with an answer.

Yes, this is deffinetly a problem they should fix.

Of course in a perfect world dish would offer the appriate RSN in every place that a team claims as there home market :(

pjm8047 said:
I just want to watch mets baseball they should replace it with MSG. I e-mailed Judd Strickland Executive Office of DISH Network. She said she is looking it to it. I askederif I can get the multi sports pack for free she might back to me tomorrow with an answer.

Just getting MSG as an RSN won't get you the Mets 'til E* pony's up some bucks to carry Mets in Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse.

http://dish.fxep.com/

METS

Available on FOXNY in Zipcodes 6300-6699, 6800-7999, 8700-12899, 13300-13599, 13700-13999, 14700-14999, 17700-17999, and 18200-18899

Available on MSG in Zipcodes 6300-6699, 6800-7999, 8700-12899, 13300-13599, 13700-13999, 14700-14999, 17700-17999, and 18200-18899

You can see E* did not pay to carry Mets in many zip codes up state.

pjm8047 said:

Just getting sportspak won't get you Mets. E* has to pony up some bucks to add upstate zip codes.

http://dish.fxep.com/

METS

Available on FOXNY in Zipcodes 6300-6699, 6800-7999, 8700-12899, 13300-13599, 13700-13999, 14700-14999, 17700-17999, and 18200-18899

Available on MSG in Zipcodes 6300-6699, 6800-7999, 8700-12899, 13300-13599, 13700-13999, 14700-14999, 17700-17999, and 18200-18899

The above list excludes Syracuse Rochester Bufffalo and many other zips.

Seems we should get Mets as out of market, but Mets claim all zip codes in NY state as in market

BFG said:
Yes, this is deffinetly a problem they should fix.

Of course in a perfect world dish would offer the appriate RSN in every place that a team claims as there home market :(
But as we know Dish is far from perfect.

Anyhow, if you plug in a Syracuse ZIP on http://dish.fxep.com, they claim that MSG is included - but the Mets games on MSG are not. Dish Network web site claims that a Syracuse ZIP will get FSP2 only. If you get the Sports Pack, you may find the Mets games blacked out, since Charlie didn't pay the $$$ to allow western NY subs to see the Mets. Either way, I guess Charlie figures nobody in western NY (or upstate NY, for that matter) cares about baseball. :mad:

jrbdmb said:
But as we know Dish is far from perfect.

Anyhow, if you plug in a Syracuse ZIP on http://dish.fxep.com, they claim that MSG is included - but the Mets games on MSG are not. Dish Network web site claims that a Syracuse ZIP will get FSP2 only. If you get the Sports Pack, you may find the Mets games blacked out, since Charlie didn't pay the $$$ to allow western NY subs to see the Mets. Either way, I guess Charlie figures nobody in western NY (or upstate NY, for that matter) cares about baseball. :mad:
where on the dishnetwork site does it say the RSN's for each zip code?

It seems weird to me that those of you in Syracuse only get one RSN. I "moved" to the Jamestown, NY area and I receive MSG, FSNY, and FSNP2. The Mets game on FSNY tonight was not blacked out, neither have the Pirate games on P2.

I just tried an address for Watertown, NY - their one and only RSN is FSP2. Now really, is there anybody in Watertown who gives a rat's a** about the Pirates? Not that it really matters, since both the Pirates and Penguins are going to be blacked out.

*Edit - Plattsburgh NY (short ferry ride from Vermont, 20 miles from Canada) also get FSP2 only! It would make more sense to give them NESN!

Sometimes I think Dish isn't so bad - my 508's are relatively stable, I've got access to LA NETs and Supers, etc. But then I see stunts like this and I remember why I am planning to switch to DirecTV by the end of the year. :no

Tac said:
It seems weird to me that those of you in Syracuse only get one RSN. I "moved" to the Jamestown, NY area and I receive MSG, FSNY, and FSNP2. The Mets game on FSNY tonight was not blacked out, neither have the Pirate games on P2.

When Empire was in business, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Finger Lakes, Adirondacks only got Empire. It was probably cheap for Charlie to carry as Empire carried no baseball. I believe quite a few years ago Empire occasionally (late 90's)had a Pirates game on and it was not blacked out. But by the next year Empire had no baseball. They did have some International League games of Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, which was nice.
Jamestown is one of the few areas in the state to get 3 RSN's, 4 if Charlie had YES.

Draw a line south of Buffalo, across to Cortland, north to Utica and East north of Albany. Any area north of that Charlie did not pay for any baseball rights, even though it is Mets territory.
Mets have their own RSN network next year, if Charlie pays to get, which I kind of doubt.
Many areas that qualify for WPIX will get weekend Mets games, I show as not being blacked out for tomorrow nites Mets /Braves game on WPIX

why does charlie care it is not his money it's the customers. If someone wants it give it to them. All of New York should have MSG and, FSNNY. Why does Jamestown get three Rsn's they are not far from buffalo. start a petition to get this changed

pjm8047 said:
why does charlie care it is not his money it's the customers. If someone wants it give it to them. All of New York should have MSG and, FSNNY. Why does Jamestown get three Rsn's they are not far from buffalo. start a petition to get this changed

From what I have read on the Time Warner MSG squabble going on now. MSG wants $4 a month from every time warner customer in NY. That seems excessive to me. Especially since in a years time Msg is going to become much less valuable with no Mets.

I am assuming the same deal holds to Charlie, Msg wants $4 from every Dish customer in NY every month even in non baseball months. I have some sympathy with Charlie in trying to hold down programming cost's, but Charlie holding out is like Pissin into the wind, when Murdock and Fox are willing to pay any price baseball asks.
Charlie should just increase the sportspak price and give everybody every RSN they are supposed to get, but MSG won't do that. They want the "bucks" from every subscriber baseball fan or not.

I say accept the higher costs and pass the buck to those of you who want the RSN's. Make it A La Carte available to anyone who wants it. This way if I want to see my Red Sox in Delaware, I can purchase it, and everyone down the line gets a cut.

but right now I get CCSN Philly or Baltimore for free, of which I couldn't care less... and won't want to pay a higher cost for.

The problem is that this undercuts the MIBEI package.. which is flawed with the blackout rules.

I see it this way.. If I pay for say, NESN, for $5/month. that's $60 a year. MIBEI costs about $200 and most people want it for one or two teams. If they get two RSN's for $120 a year... they're more likely to get more subs who'll catch on and make up for the difference in lost revenue.

The problem is that the RSNs refuse to be sold a la carte. All you have to do is look at Dish and YES to realize that. Dish offered YES an a la carte channel. YES was to set the subscription price. Yes got to keep every single nickel Dish collected. Dish would pay for the uplink and administrative cost. YES said that was not good enough.

Not only do RSNs want to be on regular packages, they INSIST on being on the basic or at the most "plus" packages. Again, at one point Dish offered YES a spot on the AT150 (now 180) package. Not good enough.

See ya
Tony

I agree with YES on that one. How come they should be on AT180, but every other RSN is on AT60+

can't get DVR and HD receiver working

Dish Network splitter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)