Is a Pansat 9200 worth buying? (opinions wanted)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Would you buy a pansat 9200 without S2 card for $50 bucks?

wallyhts said:
Would you buy a pansat 9200 without S2 card for $50 bucks?

Jump on it.....that's my main "workhorse" DVB-S HD box! Although I paid way more for mine a few years ago.

Having owned both a 9200 with the S2 board, and an Openbox, I would pass, Only because, the S2 board costs as much as the Openbox. And my thinking that HD alone, without S2 capabilities, is not a desirable solution. With the S2 board, there will be heat issues with the 9200. The Openbox runs cool. Uses a standard USB ext. HDD, as apposed to an esata for the 9200. I'm very happy with my Openbox. And am finding it harder and harder to repair my 9200's power supply. I'm occupied watching what my Openbox finds. To simplify all this rambling, Pass, get an Openbox and have S2 also_Oh, yeah, the Openbox blind scan will walk circles around the panny9200 scan. I easily do 2 or 3 sats in the time the panny would do one. Also the Openbox decodes more audio types than the Panny. (hit submit, stop rambling)

I'd pick it up. does HD and has a OTA tuner in it...mgiht be worth it
FatAir has good points about why not but if you're KU only (I see you're not) but for someone like me who is KU only it would be worth it (not much S2 on KU other than PBS)

My 9200 misses nothing on a blind scan. At 50 bucks he's getting ahelluva good deal! I know it won't be good enough for the openbox fanboys but it's one of the best out there....

if not going to buy send me the link I buy it...lmao...

Thanks everyone.

I will make the trip to meet up with the guy and get it.

I have a buddy who I will be giving it to and will setup a system so he can watch PBS off AMC 21

To quote him "You will not shut up about that dam PBS”

My 9200 misses nothing on a blind scan. At 50 bucks he's getting ahelluva good deal! I know it won't be good enough for the openbox fanboys but it's one of the best out there....

I've got 2 pansats and while the blind scan is slow as molasses...especially on C-Band it very rarely misses anything and can nail those low symbol rates no problems :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

genpix skywalker linux setup help

:::SPECIALS::: From WS International

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)