Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
Anyone know where to find IR codes for address 2 and 3 for the HR24 series DVRs?

I'm not really sure what you're trying to ask - but there are actually 8 IR codes for ALL the H/HR/R series DTV+ DVR's.
When you go into remote setup in the receiver setup menu, there's an "advanced remote setup" selection that will tell you how to do this.

no, no.... not how to set the remote to different addresses... the IR codes emitted FROM those different address spaces. The IR codes from address 2 are slightly different than those from address 1, etc. This is for advanced programming of 3rd party control systems.

yeah, but without having to "learn" each code. They should be published somewhere, but I can't seem to find them.

They used to send code books out with the remotes.
Don't know if it would have the info you are looking for though.
Unfortunately though, they have not sent one of these books in a long time.
But if somebody has one laying around, they could check.

yeah, but without having to "learn" each code. They should be published somewhere, but I can't seem to find them.

Again, your particular 3rd party system needs to tell you HOW & IF they did that.
Some 3rd party systems do NOT acknowledge multiple D* (OR E*) IR codes even exist.
You need to contact your particular 3rd party remote's tech support dept to see if they have such codes in their IR "database" lookup.

BUT, if you want to get them out of the D* remote itself, that's easy:
- put slider switch on desired mode (D*, AV1 or AV2 - note you CAN put a different IR code address on EACH postion)
- hold down MUTE & SELECT until light flashes
- enter 0 0 0 0 2 for receiver address 2 & light will flash to acknowledge acceptance

Repeat the same process w/0 0 0 0 3 for address 3, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Poor HD Signal and Cancellation Penalty

Directv on Demand Issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts