Interactive Feature focusing on Fanatsy Football Players

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes! I'm excited about that too. Haven't heard anything about when it starts or how to use it yet, but it's a pretty cool feature if it works.

I WANT MORE said:
Let me guess. It will not work with the H20 HD receiver.
Not yet...you can either watch the games in HD, or have the interactive features, but not both (unless you have the HR20)! :rolleyes:

H20 is supposed to have an update soon to make it interactive. At least that's the rumor.

Just spoke with directv they said h20 interactive upgrade at end of october early november

I WANT MORE said:
Just got off the phone w/ D* CSR. Said update has already occured. Go figure..

why dont I believe it though...

the csr I talked to had no clue what I was talking about...

vedhead said:
why dont I believe it though...

the csr I talked to had no clue what I was talking about...
The first one that I spoke w/ did not either. The "second level" csr is the one that said that the last upgrade made the H20 interactive. Not suprising.

I would like to use this feature too, but I don't want to activate another non-HD receiver. I'm so sick of this waiting for their HD to be straightened out. I thought that the H20 would be updated by now for this, and I can't get a HR20, but even if I could, it wouldn't get locals in HD. So currently, if I wanted to be able to record, and get all of the different games in HD, and get interactive, I would have to use 3 receivers!:mad:

vedhead said:
According to this, the H20 remains Inactive...
www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=61123

I can believe that the CSR said it is active...how do we know for sure? Wait until the season starts? Or is there other interactive programming we can test out?

You can hit 'Active' on your remote, you should see a new screen come up with some Active functions, or you can goto channels 102, 104 or 111, wait a few seconds (sometimes up to 10-14secs) and a yellow box should appear around window 1 of the 6(or 8) displayed, you can then use the arrow keys to navigate the 6 (or 8), there is also channel 680, the us open mix (the box color for that will be red). If no yellow or red box appears around those mix channels, you don't have Active (or your box needs to be rebooted :p).

Last edited:
damaged said:
You can hit 'Active' on your remote, you should see a new screen come up with some Active functions, or you can goto channels 102, 104 or 111, wait a few seconds (sometimes up to 10-14secs) and a yellow box should appear around window 1 of the 6(or 8) displayed, you can then use the arrow keys to navigate the 6 (or 8), there is also channel 680, the us open mix (the box color for that will be red).

tried out the sports and news mix...the channels come up (first time I've seen those, thanks) but no yellow box appears to let me choose one...

guessing that means we're still Inactive?

vedhead said:
tried out the sports and news mix...the channels come up (first time I've seen those, thanks) but no yellow box appears to let me choose one...

guessing that means we're still Inactive?
Right, without Active, you _can_ change the audio by using the yellow button (changes the alternate audio), but not select one and have it appear full screen.

I'm calling retention this morning. I have 2 H20s and 1 HR10-250s. I complained about this all last year and they did nothing. Ive been a ST sub since the beginning and a SF sub since they started that. Maybe I'll get a new HR20. We'll see.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hughes HAH-SA Software

Noob questions on D*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)