I thought this was interesting...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scottzee

Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
This might be common knowledge, but I thought it was interesting. I read on this forum about calling Directv retention reps and trying to get a deal, and reading about people playing the "retention rep carousel" by hanging up and calling right back.
I called Directv last night and asked a couple of questions. Then I asked about an HD/DVR and how cheaply I could get one (no luck). But the lady said something interesting. I mentioned calling while the $299 HD/DVR deal was going on and not being able to get one (I had called about a week after they shut that down). She was able to tell me the dates and times that I had called and what deals I was fishing for with each call.
Like I said, it may be common knowledge, but I thought it interesting. I'd like to know if they treat the people differently that are obviously fishing for deals by trying to get different retention reps with repeated phone calls.

yep, i think they had held some sort of training or info session about making sure their retention reps entered detailed notes into your account every time, as well as reading them every time before making any deals.

I knew I haven'd fished "yet" for a deal for a reason! Waiting for the HMC... (if it ever comes out)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Seahawks HD Game 11-6-05

Help needed in Naperville, IL area

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)